Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 10:54 AM)
I have fiber-optic service at home (typing on it now matter of fact) and it's pretty much everything that they claim it is.

I am soooo jealous.

I have to say, AT&T needs to roll out FttH or it's screwed. Comcast and Verizon/Google are going to blow right past them before they even know it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 11:07 AM)
What's taking At&T so long?

$$$$$ as I understand it. That's why they chose to do Fiber to the node instead of Fiber to the home a few years back.

FWiW, I think AT&T finally realized they are in trouble, that is why they want to dump their phone service.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 11:34 PM)
On the downside, I have to pitch a $50K project to county government tomorrow, and I'm limited to 5 minutes in which to do it.

I'm thinking about riffing on Abbot and Costello's "Who's on First?" routine, and if I get some laughs maybe I'll get the money. . .

:unsure:

Tell em you found Gilligan.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/10/j...a_n_456572.htmlJennifer Garner Brought A Dolphin To Orgasm

Back when Jennifer Garner was researching a role of a dolphin who turns into a girl on 'Fantasy Island,' she made a too-close connection with a dolphin.

"I had my feet dangling in the water," she told David Letterman Tuesday night. "And the dolphin came and swam right over my foot. I thought, 'That was so cool!'"

The dolphin started swimming around her leg faster and faster until something happened.

"I said to the trainer, 'I think the dolphin just peed,'" she said. "He said, 'No, ma'am, no.'"

Jennifer is promoting 'Valentine's Day,' a movie about a more conventional type of love, out Friday.

Oh to be a dolphin....

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
It's because W ordered out the Jews. rolly.gif

How's that loosey changey?

Note: we don't need to debate this, just sayin' is all.

Did you have that written on your hand? :P

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 02:03 PM)
Check out the slide show in this article. It's newly released photos of the 9/11 attack. Stunning.

I don't look at any of the old photos/videos — I can't do it — and I will do all I can to avoid seeing these as well. After about the first 72 hours when I was glued to the TV with the rest of the world I realized that I'd seen all I could bear, and I still am not fre enough removed to take in those visuals.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
Im sure I noticed it before, but the weather was beautiful that day. Clear skies helped capture those clear shots.

It's strange what we remember about that day. It truly was a beautiful day (in New York and here) until one of the most horrifying events I can remember happened.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 08:32 AM)
It's strange what we remember about that day. It truly was a beautiful day (in New York and here) until one of the most horrifying events I can remember happened.

The thing I remember most is how weird the sky looked with no airplanes at all.

I live near Midway Airport, so I'm used to seeing planes all the time. So odd to see an empty sky, especially as clear as it was that day.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
I don't look at any of the old photos/videos — I can't do it — and I will do all I can to avoid seeing these as well. After about the first 72 hours when I was glued to the TV with the rest of the world I realized that I'd seen all I could bear, and I still am not fre enough removed to take in those visuals.

I understand what you are saying, and of course it is your choice. I just looked at these, and they do offer a view that has not been viewed before. Same sick event, but fascinating pictures.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
I understand what you are saying, and of course it is your choice. I just looked at these, and they do offer a view that has not been viewed before. Same sick event, but fascinating pictures.

And I don't think it's any sort of morbid curiosity that makes people go back and take it in again. I just don't have the fortitude to be able to do it.

[shameless plug]

Matt Wilson, who is a co-founder of http://under30ceo.com, came to USD today. Initially he sat down with our student Entrepreneurship Team and just talked with us for about an hour, shooting the s*** about ideas we have for our group and for the future. We then did a pizza dinner, and afterwards spoke to our group, a few other students, and a ton of faculty. He's truly an incredible person, and he is living what essentially amounts to a dream life. If I could walk in his shoes for a day, I'd do it in a second. He's just so motivating...in a cool, calm, laid back way, he makes me want to go out and tear it up.

[/shameless plug]

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 09:23 PM)
[shameless plug]

Matt Wilson, who is a co-founder of http://under30ceo.com, came to USD today. Initially he sat down with our student Entrepreneurship Team and just talked with us for about an hour, shooting the s*** about ideas we have for our group and for the future. We then did a pizza dinner, and afterwards spoke to our group, a few other students, and a ton of faculty. He's truly an incredible person, and he is living what essentially amounts to a dream life. If I could walk in his shoes for a day, I'd do it in a second. He's just so motivating...in a cool, calm, laid back way, he makes me want to go out and tear it up.

[/shameless plug]

I'm sure he's a cool dude but I just looked him up on his website and he looks like a complete tool. :lolhitting

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 10:48 PM)
I'm sure he's a cool dude but I just looked him up on his website and he looks like a complete tool. :lolhitting

He mentioned that he gets constant s*** about his hair, and I heard like 4 or 5 people talk about it. In fact, at the end of the night, the MC said "oh, and one more thing, I need to touch your hair" all giggly like and the crowd laughed and he was like "noo nonononono"