Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My co-worker tried to pass blame onto me for something that was 100% her fault (she keeps blowing my deadlines, and sent me something a day late 5 minutes before I had to leave early after I mentioned that about 3 times while I was playing catch-up from all the other late s*** she submitted while I was trying to work) with my boss in the CC line. I was going to reply to all with something snarky since my boss already knows the deal, and we'd just had a conversation with this bulls*** on Friday, but instead I just pretended to accept blame while mentioning the time I got her e-mail, then forwarded the same e-mail to my boss and said "it's kinda cramped here under this f***ing bus."

I'm getting pretty tired of this s***, I think she's mad at me because about a month ago I got tired of delaying everything on account of her procrastination and just published the thing with her s*** blank (after I told my boss I had to do it). lol. She is a slow learner.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 3, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
Thanks!

Yes, I have been with GE for the last 10 months (full time internship from Dec-Aug, and then part-time once school started again). I'm looking at staying with them, but I'm trying to explore all options.

You started that thread last year about internships/jobs... maybe I should start another.

Yea it's about that time of year where interviews are taking place for internships/full-time positions for college students. That thread was pretty successful last year and from what I could tell from the Soxtalk age poll there should be alot of us going for jobs again this year.

UFO Shuts Down Airport in China

Just months after an unidentified object temporarily shut down an airport in China, another UFO briefly halted operations at a different Chinese airport.

According to initial sketchy reports in ShanghaiDaily.com and the People's Daily Online, the UFO forced the Baotou airport in China's Inner Mongolia province to prevent three planes from landing for almost an hour Saturday night.

Whatever the unknown object was -- and mind you, nobody is claiming aliens or interdimensional beings here -- it was reported hovering near the airport. As strictly a safety response, officials wouldn't allow aircraft to land and directed two of them to land at neighboring airports (where, presumably, the UFO had no interest).

According to a Baotou airport spokeswoman, "The airport received a notice from the Hohhot Air Traffic Management Bureau about the appearance of a UFO.

"To guarantee security, the aircraft heading for the airport had to land at secondary airports. Otherwise, it may have led to collisions."

By 10 p.m., normal operations at the Baotou airport resumed, and, as often happens in these cases, no official explanation has yet been offered about the identity of the object in question.

In July, a UFO forced officials to shut down Xiaoshan airport in China's Zhijiang province.

While no official explanation has emerged from that incident, most experts believe it was likely a misidentification of a Chinese military test.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 10:17 AM)
I know it's ridiculous, but I've had this feeling that there will be actual contact with an alien world some time soon.

My sisters bf and his sister swore they saw a UFO in early September when picking up a pizza. It was this large bright light that just vanished in a second.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 11:17 AM)
I know it's ridiculous, but I've had this feeling that there will be actual contact with an alien world some time soon.

What the hell would any intelligent alien life want to contact us for?

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)

They may want to be eaten or experimented on like the other intelligent life we abuse on our planet.

*gets off vegan soapbox* :ph34r:

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)

If we had interstellar travel capabilities and we ran into another planet with evolved, intelligent life...wouldn't we want to make contact regardless of how evil the God they worshipped they were?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
My co-worker tried to pass blame onto me for something that was 100% her fault (she keeps blowing my deadlines, and sent me something a day late 5 minutes before I had to leave early after I mentioned that about 3 times while I was playing catch-up from all the other late s*** she submitted while I was trying to work) with my boss in the CC line. I was going to reply to all with something snarky since my boss already knows the deal, and we'd just had a conversation with this bulls*** on Friday, but instead I just pretended to accept blame while mentioning the time I got her e-mail, then forwarded the same e-mail to my boss and said "it's kinda cramped here under this f***ing bus."

I'm getting pretty tired of this s***, I think she's mad at me because about a month ago I got tired of delaying everything on account of her procrastination and just published the thing with her s*** blank (after I told my boss I had to do it). lol. She is a slow learner.

I feel your pain. As long as you document things you will be fine. The best road is the high road, and just make sure those who matter are aware of the going-ons.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 11:27 AM)
It's one thing to be ultra-competitive in a recreation beer league like softball, but its another thing when its a kickball league. Some people need to take it easy, its f***ing kickball.

walter_sobchak.jpg

OVER THE LINE!!!!!!!!!!

I started talking to a guy at a bar last night who was drinking by himself, celebrating a new job he got... He proceeded to tell me he used his 3 year old son's pee to pass a drug test. That's f***ed up. I didn't even know what to say other than something like "you gotta do what you gotta do."

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 12:27 PM)
It's one thing to be ultra-competitive in a recreation beer league like softball, but its another thing when its a kickball league. Some people need to take it easy, its f***ing kickball.

We found that out last week when the macho he-man tried to take an extra base and took out a girl on our team

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 12:39 PM)
I started talking to a guy at a bar last night who was drinking by himself, celebrating a new job he got... He proceeded to tell me he used his 3 year old son's pee to pass a drug test. That's f***ed up. I didn't even know what to say other than something like "you gotta do what you gotta do."

My co-worker is having a b-day party for his daughter the day after my son's birthday (they were born about a week apart, along with another co-worker, all of them are turning 4). I'm telling my son it's his party because, well, f*** it, it's not like he's gonna know the difference.