Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 04:45 PM)
Any tips to get a 7 month old puppy to stop nipping? Trying everything. Adult teeth have been in awhile. Frustrating.

Some dogs respond to alternates. When he nips or chews something he's not supposed to, direct him to or give him something he's allowed to do that to.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 03:52 PM)
Get a cheap spray bottle from Wal-Mart or Target and everytime it happens spray water in the face. It works on dogs and even cats to get them to stop doing s***.

But it works better on dogs.

A few people have told me this works

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 05:07 PM)
A few people have told me this works

It won't work if your dog likes it. My dog loves jumping up to the spray bottle and drinking the water. So yeah, my 1 year old puppy nips too to get me to play. I just stopped responding and it is slowly getting better.

QUOTE (G&T @ Dec 22, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
It won't work if your dog likes it. My dog loves jumping up to the spray bottle and drinking the water. So yeah, my 1 year old puppy nips too to get me to play. I just stopped responding and it is slowly getting better.

Yeah, immediately end play if he starts nipping. That's one way to do it.

Microwave radiation map hints at other universes.

Collisions between our cosmos and other universes may have left round "bruises" in a map of ancient cosmic radiation.

Our universe is thought to have expanded rapidly in a process called inflation in the first moments after the big bang. Some physicists suspect inflation is still happening, starting up in some regions while stopping in others, such as the part of the universe we live in. In this picture, called eternal inflation, new universes are continually popping into existence like bubbles in a vast, expanding sea of space-time.

Many of these universes should be carried away from one another as soon as they form. But universes born close together could collide if they are expanding faster than the space between them.

If our universe was hit by another bubble universe, the impact would release colossal bursts of energy. If this occurred before inflation ended in our patch of the universe, it could leave an imprint that might still be detectable today. Now Stephen Feeney of University College London and colleagues say they may have spotted such imprints in the cosmic microwave background (CMB), the all-sky glow that comes from photons emitted when the universe was less than 400,000 years old.

And a post by one of the authors

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 25, 2010 -> 04:12 AM)
I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt today in Houston. If I can't have a "White Christmas," I might as well have a warm one.

I hear ya on that. I'm just outside of Palm Springs, CA right now. Wearing shorts and sandals in 70 degree weather may not be the X-mas I'm used to, but I'm not complaining.

So Im looking for a nice date restaurant downtown, but at the same time not a place that puts too much pressure on either side (we've been friends for awhile and it's a half date/half catch up dinner) and I want it to be within walking distance of the Millenium Park or bars or of that sort. Any suggestions? Price shouldn't be outrageous either :P.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
So Im looking for a nice date restaurant downtown, but at the same time not a place that puts too much pressure on either side (we've been friends for awhile and it's a half date/half catch up dinner) and I want it to be within walking distance of the Millenium Park or bars or of that sort. Any suggestions? Price shouldn't be outrageous either :P.

If you're from Soxtalk, how do you not know about The Gage?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 09:08 PM)

If it is close to Millenium, and not McDonalds, it is going to be expensive.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 12:09 AM)
If it is close to Millenium, and not McDonalds, it is going to be expensive.

Meant that it can be close to bars and/or a short walk to places like Millenium (I just want to be near a place we can chill and catch up at while having some fun, and since Ill probably be driving I wont be able to drink too much, but bars still work).