Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 11:45 PM)
Oh, and also my stepdaughter came outside to play around and was basically being useless, she wouldn't help and I told her if she wasn't going to at least attempt to do something then get out of my way. It was pissing me off b/c I shouldn't have to tell a 12 year old to pull her weight around the house but she stood around and mockingly pretended to give motivational speeches until I told her get out of my face. Then a couple hours ago she starts laughing and saying what a nice day it was "especially if you sat in the house and did nothing all day." I told her that was f***ing insulting, to STFU, and be mindful of how she was behaving next time she asked me for something. That finally got to her because she got really quiet. Short of slapping her in the face or something I can't MAKE her do anything and my wife wasn't helping at all... ugh

Yeah, I am saving that picture for about 10 years from now when my kids start hitting that age.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, took my physical and drug test for what will hopefully be my new job. I am not too concerned, but until it is done, you never know.

And no, I don't do drugs, but who the heck knows what could happen (they could switch samples or whatever).

Pretty stoked though...my last day at my current gig is the 19th of this month.

So I had a couple of piles of snow in front of my car and I had a path cleared for me and my wife, and my neighbor just shoveled his spot out and piled all his snow on top of it so I have to walk all the way around like 4 or 5 cars... douchebag.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 01:15 PM)
Sweet...passed my physical and drug test for my new job and officially start on Feb 22nd!!!!

Beckman Coulter...here I come :)

I knew the urine I sent you would be golden.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 02:15 PM)
Sweet...passed my physical and drug test for my new job and officially start on Feb 22nd!!!!

Beckman Coulter...here I come :)

Cool and congrats. I'm fairly confident I've logged more time using a Coulter Counter than anyone else here. And that makes me cool, right?

:unsure:

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
I'm going to the Galapagos Islands in October. Yay me!!! :headbang :headbang

On the downside, I have to pitch a $50K project to county government tomorrow, and I'm limited to 5 minutes in which to do it.

I'm thinking about riffing on Abbot and Costello's "Who's on First?" routine, and if I get some laughs maybe I'll get the money. . .

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
I'm going to the Galapagos Islands in October. Yay me!!! :headbang :headbang

Congrats

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 10:05 PM)
I'm fairly confident I've logged more time using a Cooter Counter than anyone else here. And that makes me cool, right?

Wow, you need a special instrument for that?

Google Plans To Deliver Fiber-Optic Broadband Network To More Than 50,000 Homes

Google is getting into the broadband business. The company plans to deploy its own “experimental” fiber-optic network to at least 50,000 homes, perhaps as many as 500,000. The company writes on its blog:

We
re planning to build and te
s
t ultra high-
s
peed broadband networ
k
s
in a
s
mall number of trial location
s