Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
Intermediate Micro. Its the Econ's dept of saying f*** you College of Business. The two are fighting to much that the Econ Dept will no longer allow ANY transfers of credit for the class after this summer semester. Most Business students would go to UIC, NIU, SIU for the class where it would be infinitely easier.

The professors/TAs they choose to teach this class just have it out for students.

i honestly don't remember that one at all. The calculus part of Indifference curves and whatnot?

(I was an Econ major there......I remember 202 or 203 or whatever the 2nd 200 level one was as being the worst.)

The 400 level classes were easier than the 200 and 300 level ones by a long shot.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intermediate Micro was by far the hardest actual in regards to actual technical knowledge, and I was also taught by the professor who grades the hardest in regards to percentage points. I word it that way because his grading scale is adjusted to how he actually grades - 86-100 is an A, 71-85 is a B, 61-70 is a C, 51-60 is a D, and 50 and below fails. He is by far the toughest actual grader within the Econ department here, and that class is a b**** and a half. I did fine through the first two sections of the course, but when we had to deal with Technical Rates of Substitution and anything else that far into the course, I got absolutely lost.

I also got one my crazier test score stories from that class. Nothing to do with me personally, but on the second test in that class, the range for the grades was 91. The dude I sat next to in class got a 100%, and some unlucky soul who probably didn't go and didn't study much got a 9%. When I heard that, it just blew my mind.

I will agree with SnB in regards to his last point though...the 400 level classes have generally been a breeze. There's a bit of work to do, but they aren't hard at all.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)
Intermediate Micro. Its the Econ's dept of saying f*** you College of Business. The two are fighting to much that the Econ Dept will no longer allow ANY transfers of credit for the class after this summer semester. Most Business students would go to UIC, NIU, SIU for the class where it would be infinitely easier.

The professors/TAs they choose to teach this class just have it out for students.

Intermediate Macro was sooooo much easier than Intermediate Micro

I was thinking last night:

How long until cell networks change from call+data networks to just simply a pipe for data?

I'd love to see a scenario where instead of having various levels of minutes there are various levels of data usage. My phone no longer has a telephone number, it has an IP address. I can make a call using the cell networks number provided to me by Verizon (if I choose to pay for a Verizon number), or I can use my Skype number.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

So in the people of Wal-Mart theme... our teller tonight got into a conversation about bad customers... at which time she proceded to inform us that "black people are the worst, they think they own the place"

To which I replied...

"Don't even get me started on the Jews..."

She shut up pretty quick. It was excellent.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:49 PM)
So in the people of Wal-Mart theme... our teller tonight got into a conversation about bad customers... at which time she proceded to inform us that "black people are the worst, they think they own the place"

To which I replied...

Well played sir.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 12:49 AM)

To which I replied...

lol

RIP Palm:

Palm Said to Tap Goldman, Quattrone to Find Buyers

Palm Inc., creator of the Pre smartphone, is seeking bids for the company as early as this week, according to three people familiar with the situation.

The company is working with Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Frank Quattrone’s Qatalyst Partners to find a buyer, said the people, who declined to be identified because a sale hasn’t been announced. Taiwan’s HTC Corp. and China’s Lenovo Group Ltd. have looked at the company and may make offers, said the people.

They have a very nice patent portfolio that I am sure a few companies would love to own.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:07 AM)
RIP Palm:

Palm Said to Tap Goldman, Quattrone to Find Buyers

They have a very nice patent portfolio that I am sure a few companies would love to own.

They have a ton of debt and a failing mobile unit. The company is toast, but someone might by them for some patent and some other miscellaneous stuff, but Palm as an independent company is done. There recent phones have been epic failures and there OS just doesn't compete with the Apple OS, Blackbery, Windows or the Android based phones.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
I just read that the wireless mic system I use where I work is being banned from operation effective June 12th. Now sure how I missed that, but that sucks. Now I have to replace it with a new $4000 system.

This is a result of the 700MHz spectrum sale a few years back.

How are they enforcing that?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
How are they enforcing that?

I havent heard yet. Not sure if they are going to be proactive or simply fine those who are accidentally found to be in violation. It's find of hard to enforce unless a guy from the FCC walks up to our building with some sort of a receiver. Our signal doesnt even reach the street, so they'd have to be on property.

omg I just found out my friend, who works at the Cell and I thought she was just like a regular usher or whatever, knows a bunch of people in the org. and she's telling me all these stories. I'm like why were you holding out on me, we been friends like 10 years wtf? She's met all the players, Ozzie, Kenny, Ozzie's sons, etc.