Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing these new American Airlines commercials, did they put bigger seats in their planes? I'm going to AZ in Sept and may book with them if that is the case. Being 6'5 sucks when flying.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
After seeing these new American Airlines commercials, did they put bigger seats in their planes? I'm going to AZ in Sept and may book with them if that is the case. Being 6'5 sucks when flying.

Wow, didn't know you were that tall. I thought SoxFan1 was our resident tall freak.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 08:35 AM)
EVery year, my company rents out Great America for employees only and today is the day! No line! Woohoo!

yeah, my friend's father worked for Com Ed for years and they use to do that too and get a few guest passes, it is awesome!

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)

How do I answer this... they changed the angles of the seats. The measurement between seats are the same but the pitch is slightly different. It gives you something like two more inches. Woot.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
How do I answer this... they changed the angles of the seats. The measurement between seats are the same but the pitch is slightly different. It gives you something like two more inches. Woot.

There are probably a lot of guys that would be ecstatic about this

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)

Christ, Brian. I guess we really do all look up to you.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 08:35 AM)
EVery year, my company rents out Great America for employees only and today is the day! No line! Woohoo!

My wife works for the same healthcare company. My 5 year old rode the demon as his first rollercoaster with loops. His reaction, I want to ride it again. Nice day and the lines were minimal.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)

Is that fairly new? I haven't been on an AA flight since last fall. If so, that's great. Being 6'4" riding on a plane is terrible.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 06:15 PM)
yeah, my friend's father worked for Com Ed for years and they use to do that too and get a few guest passes, it is awesome!

My dad worked for Com Ed for 35 years and I never remember them doing this.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 06:28 PM)
Looking to get my mom an Amazon Kindle 2 for Mother's Day but they are hell-a expensive. Any of you dorks know a place where I can get them cheaper?

Well, unless I am missing something... isn't the Kindle an Amazon product? Its kind of their thing, I doubt they'd distribute them elsewhere. Best bet would be to try E-Bay for used or purchased/not used, but then you are rolling the dice on how well it might work.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 08:49 AM)
Well, unless I am missing something... isn't the Kindle an Amazon product? Its kind of their thing, I doubt they'd distribute them elsewhere. Best bet would be to try E-Bay for used or purchased/not used, but then you are rolling the dice on how well it might work.

It's actually somewhat similar to Apple. They hold the license, but you can buy it in lots of places...but almost every place has the same price because it's an Amazon product and they can set the list price so that no one else can beat them. They're happy to sell it to you if you want to buy it somewhere else because not everyone who might want one is a regular e-commerce customer.