Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 11:51 AM)
Pretty stoked to be seeing Louis CK on the 11th at the Chicago Theater.

Awesome.

Going to see Amy Schumer tomorrow night and Daniel Tosh next month in November.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
Golfing about 8 years ago or so. Hit the green. Fox comes out, takes the ball, goes back into the trees.

Recently, I randomly saw a big fat f***ing beaver roadkilled in the middle of Route 53 in Lombard. Seemed like a weird spot for a beaver.

There's a joke in there somewhere.

Here's some irony:

Segway Co. Owner Dies On Segway

The owner of the Segway company died Sunday in a freak accident when he rode one of his firm's two-wheeled scooters off a cliff and into a river, according to British press reports.

West Yorkshire police said tycoon Jimi Heselden, 62, one of England's richest men, was found in the River Wharfe near Wetherby and died at the scene. A Segway--an off-road model--was found nearby, the Daily Mail said. Police said there did not appear to be anything suspicious about Heselden's death.

Heselden last year bought the U.S.-based Segway company that makes the two-wheeled personal transporter.

The New Hampshire firm was started by American inventor Dean Kamen in 1999.

Southwest to buy AirTran -

Southwest Airlines has agreed to buy AirTran in a $1.42 billion deal that will combine two of the nation's biggest discount carriers.

The two airlines primarily overlap in the Baltimore and Orlando markets. Passengers traveling to and from those cities could face higher ticket prices because less competition traditionally means higher airfares.

The acquisition moves Southwest into 37 new cities. The largest of those is Atlanta, where Delta Air Lines is based. Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International airport is the nation's busiest, and a primary hub for business travelers, a group that Southwest has increasingly been targeting because they tend to pay higher fares.

The acquisition also gives Southwest a bigger slice of the market in cities like Boston and New York, major East Coast cities, where it has been expanding. The deal is also a boost to Southwest's plans to expand internationally. The Dallas carrier gains routes to Mexico and the Caribbean, where fellow discount airline JetBlue Airways has a big presence.

There is one change passengers will surely welcome: Southwest said it won't keep AirTran's bag fees when they fully combine in 2012. AirTran currently charges $20 for a passenger's first checked bag, and $25 for the second. Major carriers like United and American charge $25 for the first bag and $35 for the second. Southwest claims it has lured passengers from those airlines by refusing to charge for bags, and has built a marketing campaign around the policy.

Mayor Daley is still pissed about the 2016 Olympics -

The International Olympic Committee chose Rio de Janeiro to become the first South American city to host the event. Daley said the IOC likely will again seek to plant a flag in a country or region that hasn't hosted the Games.

"You have to look at the world. They've never been in India, they've never been in Africa and they haven't been in the Middle East," Daley said while speaking at the annual Chicago Gourmet food event in Millennium Park. "So those three parts of the world will come first, before any bid."

"If it's a political decision, they have to go to India, they have to go to Africa, they have to go to the Middle East," Daley offered as advice to the next mayor. "You can't participate. So be careful how much money you spend. Whoever it is (serving as mayor) has to figure that out," he said. "You just can't bid for it and all of a sudden, say, 'Johannesburg or Cape Town's going to get it. They're going to get it. New Delhi, they're going to get it. Someplace in the Middle East, they should get it.' That's the same reason they give for Rio de Janeiro."

He is stilled pissed off he got out politiced. I love it!

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 12:06 PM)
Mayor Daley is still pissed about the 2016 Olympics -

He is stilled pissed off he got out politiced. I love it!

The ironic part is that if the US as a whole starts to feel this way, the IOC will fall apart. The US is by far the biggest benefactor to them, not only directly, but we also pay the biggest media money to see the Olympics.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 12:34 PM)
The ironic part is that if the US as a whole starts to feel this way, the IOC will fall apart. The US is by far the biggest benefactor to them, not only directly, but we also pay the biggest media money to see the Olympics.

I say "f*** it" and we make them understand they need us. Forming a worldwide plot to vote Chicago (the US) out first should piss everyone off. They already hate us, so f***ing up the Olympics money stream won't make a difference in that regard, but it'll show the rest of the world that we're not going to take their bulls***.

You want our money, but you don't want us. Enjoy the ratings you'll see out of Bulgaria and Guatemala.

So eating at a local establishment I heard one of the things I detest most in the world... that ominous clapping that lets you know the trite birthday song is about to start. As the restaraunts staff got to the proper table there was one problem, the birthday song's intended recipient wasn't at the table. He was at the buffet. :lol:

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)
I say "f*** it" and we make them understand they need us. Forming a worldwide plot to vote Chicago (the US) out first should piss everyone off. They already hate us, so f***ing up the Olympics money stream won't make a difference in that regard, but it'll show the rest of the world that we're not going to take their bulls***.

You want our money, but you don't want us. Enjoy the ratings you'll see out of Bulgaria and Guatemala.

No one makes you watch.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 06:36 PM)
Earlier today I saw a woman leaving the store as I was walking in and when she turned around you could see she forgot to hook her bra in the back. How the hell is it even possible to forget to do that?

I'm using that excuse if I ever get caught with my pants down in public again...