Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A woman claiming a Northwest Side tattoo parlor accidentally inked a backwards Chicago White Sox logo on her thigh filed a lawsuit Thursday against the business and the artist.

Elmwood Park resident Eugenia Bebis claims that on June 5 Mystic Tattoo Art & Body Piercing Corp. employee Micah St. John improperly tattooed her a backwards Chicago White Sox logo on her thigh, according to a suit filed in Cook County Circuit Court.

Bebis has undergone extensive laser tattoo removal procedures and will require more procedures and a larger tattoo to cover up the laser-faded backwards tattoo, according to the suit.

The suit claims Bebis suffered pain from the laser treatments and disfigurement from the backwards tattoo and the treatments.

The suit claims, among other things, Mystic Tattoo failed to notice the tattoo was being inked backwards and didn’t adequately train and supervise employees.

An employee at Mystic Tattoo, 3120 N. Cicero Ave., could not provide further information.

The two-count suit is seeking more than $100,000 plus the cost of the suit from Mystic Tattoo and St. John.

http://www.wlsam.com/Article.asp?id=1978867&spid=

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 10:16 AM)
Yeah. But they still suck.

I got it done though, so I'm good.

One of my majors was in history so i've written a lot of papers. I actually didn't mind the intro/conclusion paragraphs. I usually knew what I wanted to say, it was just figuring out how to deliver it and make yourself sound smarter/more sure than you really were haha

On the way to work this morning, I saw on the outbound Kennedy where it splits into the Edens by Montrose, someone managed to graffitti the large I-94 to Milwaukee sign that spawns over all 4 lanes of traffic. How the f*** does someone get up there on a busy highway and manage to do that without getting caught? Thats impressive, not that I condone vandalism in any shape or form.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 06:28 AM)
On the way to work this morning, I saw on the outbound Kennedy where it splits into the Edens by Montrose, someone managed to graffitti the large I-94 to Milwaukee sign that spawns over all 4 lanes of traffic. How the f*** does someone get up there on a busy highway and manage to do that without getting caught? Thats impressive, not that I condone vandalism in any shape or form.

That's just gross.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 11, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
So, after years and years of mocking these people, I have decided that this year, I will join them, as I get up early AM for Black Friday sales to get a new widescreen TV.

I always say I'm going to get up and find a deal. One of the years I actually will. I'll peruse the ads on Thanksgiving and make up my mind...and then try to actually wake up early.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 07:54 AM)
I always say I'm going to get up and find a deal. One of the years I actually will. I'll peruse the ads on Thanksgiving and make up my mind...and then try to actually wake up early.

Two years ago, Circuit City had a good deal on flat screens. At the time, I lived just down the road from one. I slept in pretty late and the deal was only supposed to go through 12:00 p.m., but I decided to go when I woke up closer to 2:00. There were still a good amount of TV's and I got one, but that's my only experience of shopping after Thanksgiving.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 11:32 AM)
Two years ago, Circuit City had a good deal on flat screens. At the time, I lived just down the road from one. I slept in pretty late and the deal was only supposed to go through 12:00 p.m., but I decided to go when I woke up closer to 2:00. There were still a good amount of TV's and I got one, but that's my only experience of shopping after Thanksgiving.

It depends on the TV/computer.

The electronics stores tend to have different levels of sale. There will be a group of top-level items, like a loaded laptop for $250 or the ultimate TV package, that they'll have maybe a dozen or a few dozen on hand for. They do that because the top level sale is what draws in the lines. The people who get there 4 days in advance and camp outside are there for those sales. They're the ones that get on the news. All that publicity is good. They do this in particular with new items that may not have a lot of supply...the Wii, for example, took forever to have enough units to meet demand, so when that first 10 were gone, they were gone. Washer/dryer combos fit this category as well.

Those items are usually marked in the ad, it will say "Minimum 10 units available per store".

However, the store doesn't want the 25th person in line to come in, see that the #1 tv deal is gone, and just walk out the door and tell everyone in the line "everything's gone you can go home now", so they'll load their stockrooms to the brim with a quality deal on different models of laptops, TV's, whatever. Those may or may not carry the "minimum x units per store" line, because they still want people to come in early to grab them rather than buying something later in the day at a competitor. They will be the ones that are offered until noon, or with a special rebate, whatever. They want you in their store and they want you actually to spend money on those items, so they won't run out of them until late in the day, and they'll be more flexible on the deadlines until they clear that merchandise out.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 11:20 AM)
It depends on the TV/computer.

The electronics stores tend to have different levels of sale. There will be a group of top-level items, like a loaded laptop for $250 or the ultimate TV package, that they'll have maybe a dozen or a few dozen on hand for. They do that because the top level sale is what draws in the lines. The people who get there 4 days in advance and camp outside are there for those sales. They're the ones that get on the news. All that publicity is good. They do this in particular with new items that may not have a lot of supply...the Wii, for example, took forever to have enough units to meet demand, so when that first 10 were gone, they were gone. Washer/dryer combos fit this category as well.

Those items are usually marked in the ad, it will say "Minimum 10 units available per store".

However, the store doesn't want the 25th person in line to come in, see that the #1 tv deal is gone, and just walk out the door and tell everyone in the line "everything's gone you can go home now", so they'll load their stockrooms to the brim with a quality deal on different models of laptops, TV's, whatever. Those may or may not carry the "minimum x units per store" line, because they still want people to come in early to grab them rather than buying something later in the day at a competitor. They will be the ones that are offered until noon, or with a special rebate, whatever. They want you in their store and they want you actually to spend money on those items, so they won't run out of them until late in the day, and they'll be more flexible on the deadlines until they clear that merchandise out.

That must have been the deal with my TV. It wasn't absurdly priced, but it was a really good deal and I got it later in the day.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 11:20 AM)

Something like this happened at Best Buy when my fiance bought a laptop about a month ago. We had one picked out and were ready to purchase, price was $500 IIRC. It wasn't on a special sale or anything, but they were out of stock. Instead they offered a laptop that normally retailed for about $750 more for only $550 instead of back-ordering the other laptop (or, more likely, walking out the door to another store/online).

Not exactly the same situation as day-after-thanksgiving specials, but it shows that they're willing to deal once you walk in that door.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 11, 2010 -> 09:54 PM)
So, after years and years of mocking these people, I have decided that this year, I will join them, as I get up early AM for Black Friday sales to get a new widescreen TV.

See if you can get a deal on newegg.com, I got a sweet deal on a stereo receiver last year that I incidentally returned because I found out my dad already had one.

Somehow, Rosetta Stone works. Granted, I had 2 years of Spanish that is scattered throughout my memory in high school, and I don't know how it'd work for a non-Romance language, but I've only been using it for about 4-5 days and it's starting to stick.

90/94 east was completely blocked right at Washington for at least the last 45 minutes. Absolutely no one was allowed through, then all of the sudden about 30-40 cop cars/motorcycles/ATVs jump on the highway at Madison and lead a bunch of black cars through, followed by 10 more cop cars.

Was all of this for Biden? You would have thought it was Jesus.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 08:31 PM)
90/94 east was completely blocked right at Washington for at least the last 45 minutes. Absolutely no one was allowed through, then all of the sudden about 30-40 cop cars/motorcycles/ATVs jump on the highway at Madison and lead a bunch of black cars through, followed by 10 more cop cars.

Was all of this for Biden? You would have thought it was Jesus.

"It's a big f***ing deal!"

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 06:12 PM)
Somehow, Rosetta Stone works. Granted, I had 2 years of Spanish that is scattered throughout my memory in high school, and I don't know how it'd work for a non-Romance language, but I've only been using it for about 4-5 days and it's starting to stick.

How are you doing it? Cuz i'd love to try something out in my car for my trips to and from work (45 mins each way). I can already speak French and have actually heard Italian is easy to pick up if you can speak that already.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 07:57 AM)
How are you doing it? Cuz i'd love to try something out in my car for my trips to and from work (45 mins each way). I can already speak French and have actually heard Italian is easy to pick up if you can speak that already.

Rosetta stone is interactive software, not something you could do while driving. The entire thing, aside from set-up menus, is in the native language. There's no vocabulary lessons or translations or grammar. It's supposed to be a more "natural" way of learning a language.

I have the software and I started a few lessons, but then I was traveling a bunch and kinda forgot about it.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 02:01 PM)
Rosetta stone is interactive software, not something you could do while driving. The entire thing, aside from set-up menus, is in the native language. There's no vocabulary lessons or translations or grammar. It's supposed to be a more "natural" way of learning a language.

I have the software and I started a few lessons, but then I was traveling a bunch and kinda forgot about it.

Ah ok thanks. Still something I may be interested in down the road. I'll still probably look into something audio for the car