2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread

NorthSideSox72

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news, Ed Collari is not working for the Dash anymore. He's been replaced by some guy named Alex Vispoli. I'm not surprised though, he had implied to me that he was thinking about changing jobs after last year. Hopefully this new guy will be as helpful as Ed.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
Bad news, Ed Collari is not working for the Dash anymore. He's been replaced by some guy named Alex Vispoli. I'm not surprised though, he had implied to me that he was thinking about changing jobs after last year. Hopefully this new guy will be as helpful as Ed.

Any idea what he's doing now? Is he working for another team or did get a different job altogether?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 10:17 PM)
Any idea what he's doing now? Is he working for another team or did get a different job altogether?

I've be scouring the front office staffs for minor league teams, so far I haven't stumbled upon his name.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)
I've be scouring the front office staffs for minor league teams, so far I haven't stumbled upon his name.

Found it...kind of.

Ed Collari has left the Winston-Salem Dash (High Class A; Carolina League) for another position in the Winston-Salem area. Ed was head of broadcasting and media relations for the Dash during a very trying 2009 season. No word on a replacement.

Obviously old if you know the replacement, but it means he's not in baseball this year.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
Found it...kind of.

Obviously old if you know the replacement, but it means he's not in baseball this year.

Damn, I googled it all afternoon and couldn't find anything. He sounded burnt out during some games last year, plus suspending the home broadcasts bugged him. Talking about making the gun to the head sign with his hand and jumping out of the window and landing head first on the concrete during a rain delayed double header was a sign to me. A funny one, but a sign. He even said that he might look into working for the Barons, but Curt Bloom and his gargantuan ego won't go away anytime soon. I'm going to have to make nice with the new guy.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
This move actually leaves a surprising dearth of shortstops suited to play in Charlotte. Brent Lillibridge may be spending a lot of time in Charlotte this year. Otherwise, it's Robbie Hudson or Justin Fuller.

I'm hoping we adress this in the draft. We need a bit more depth at short.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 01:55 AM)
BA had a nice prospect chat with Jared Mitchell today. I just submitted a question to Jared as it is still going on I think. Hopefully he can answer it, but I'm not holding my breath...

I really like his responses, hopefully he pans out because not only would his talent be great to have on the team but he seems really down to earth and seems to have a good personality.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 08:11 AM)
It's not the greatest list ever (They have a lot of guys who are gone still listed as Sox, trades don't seem to have registered with them), but come on, you know you want to look at the top 2000 prospects for 2010

Just for fun... the lowest ranked prospect that is in the Sox system is Kevin Dubler (catcher), who is ranked #2008 out of 2029 total.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 08:19 AM)
Just for fun... the lowest ranked prospect that is in the Sox system is Kevin Dubler (catcher), who is ranked #2008 out of 2029 total.

And of course they had to misspell his name too... (Kelvin?)

Just for an extra dose of disrespect.

2008. Kelvin Dubler, C, CHW

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 26, 2010 -> 08:11 AM)
It's not the greatest list ever (They have a lot of guys who are gone still listed as Sox, trades don't seem to have registered with them), but come on, you know you want to look at the top 2000 prospects for 2010

WTF would ever posses someone to rank 2029 minor league baseball players???