Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

http://www.texasmonthly.com/preview/2010-02-01/feature

An exquisite sense of timing—and a good deal of luck—has helped transform Rick Perry from an unknown Democratic state legislator into a swaggering Republican who’s spent more years in the Governor’s Mansion than anyone in Texas history. Is it enough to carry him past Kay Bailey Hutchison and all the way to the White House?

We've got another Texan to save your ass again.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 07:41 AM)
i'd rather you all just secede

I'm all for it, I just hope we get to use the 1846 map . . .

And if y'all think the OPEC countries are rough with y'all, wait until you have a bunch of Texans supplying the batteries for your toys

I finally finished the article. In a nutshell, the rational that he could win . . .

Governor of a large GOP state

Texas' economy is doing rather well

Guess who is Finance Chair for the Republican Governor's Association? Perry, which gives him access to national money.

He's a battler and survivor

So my GOP buddies, he could be your guy.

Perry - Palin '12 :headbang

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 04:47 PM)
I finally finished the article. In a nutshell, the rational that he could win . . .

Governor of a large GOP state

Texas' economy is doing rather well

Guess who is Finance Chair for the Republican Governor's Association? Perry, which gives him access to national money.

He's a battler and survivor

So my GOP buddies, he could be your guy.

Perry - Palin '12 :headbang

With all due respect, I thought Republicans were supposed to be wrapping their heads around winning over voters who live in these things called cities.

Perry and Palin?

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 07:39 PM)
With all due respect, I thought Republicans were supposed to be wrapping their heads around winning over voters who live in these things called cities.

Perry and Palin?

Cities? Like

Houston #4

San Antonio #7

Dallas #8

Austin #15

Fort Worth #17

El Paso #20

Seems like there are plenty of city people and cities in Texas.

And Kap, grab the Texas Monthly on the news stand before the Bum Steer awards issue comes out this week. They build a very convincing case. He's one of my favorite Republicans. You know, after you and 2k5 :lol:

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
So you're saying Perry/Palin '12 for President of the Republic of Texas? I don't know of any other big cities they could win across the country. Heck..they'd come in last place in Austin come to think of it.

First off, there are not too many large GOP cities. He'd probably carry many of the Bush states. And the Palin thing was just a toss in.

The other factor they mentioned in the article was the weak GOP field.

QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 09:00 PM)
First off, there are not too many large GOP cities. He'd probably carry many of the Bush states. And the Palin thing was just a toss in.

The other factor they mentioned in the article was the weak GOP field.

And Rick Perry is part of that WEAK GOP field.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)

Exactly. And again, and just the opinion of the writer, it is exactly the sort of situation Perry has capitalized on time and time again. He keeps turning up in the right place at the right time.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Feb 1, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)

I am going to throw this name out there, and see what happens. Mitch Daniels has to be a favorite. He doesn't have any of the skeletons that all of the people who are commonly named have.