Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though this is from 2009 we can see how Perry has relied on oil and other non-renewables to produce energy in Texas, a state with ridiculous amounts of sunny days each year. Perhaps his praying will help energy needs in that state.

solar-report-card.gif

Rick Perry is quite the douchebag.

And he’s doing it again. In the Hank Skinner case, Perry has actively fought DNA testing that could confirm the innocence (or guilt) of another Texas man on death row. Skinner was at one point hours from execution before the Supreme Court intervened (the intervening justice was Antonin Scalia, believe it or not). In Skinner’s case, the prosecution actually began to conduct DNA testing on crime scene evidence, then stopped when the first tests confirmed Skinner’s version of events. Perry again justified willful ignorance in this case by simply noting that he’s personally convinced of Skinner’s guilt. As if there aren’t dozens of examples of what appeared to be clearly guilty people who were later exonerated by DNA. With Skinner, Perry is not only choosing willful ignorance over transparency, he’d rather risk executing another innocent person than possibly undermine support for the government’s power to execute its citizens.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 06:41 PM)
This one's easy. Turn off the news. They're the only ones who will care

I hope you're right, honestly.

Barack is better then Ron Paul. I can't believe I'm saying that. The guy is fanatical.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 07:48 PM)
I hope you're right, honestly.

Barack is better then Ron Paul. I can't believe I'm saying that. The guy is fanatical.

Ron Paul won't win the Republican nomination. That's about the only thing in that race that I'm sure of.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 07:01 PM)
Fired up whackos is a good thing for your party. It makes your base turn out. It's how you won in 2010.

Yup. rolly.gif

Tea Party Ru-paul, despite their rhetoric trying as hard as they can to make that stick.

But go ahead and try to run with that so you can get your ass kicked at the ballot box again, because "Tea Party" is actually more of a majority, not a minority, in that they want smaller government, less government intrusion, no Obamacare, and actually dealing with social programs on a manageable level. Yea, I know, whackos, especially for people like you who think that government is the only thing that can solve your issues for you.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 08:11 PM)
Yup. rolly.gif

Tea Party Ru-paul, despite their rhetoric trying as hard as they can to make that stick.

But go ahead and try to run with that so you can get your ass kicked at the ballot box again, because "Tea Party" is actually more of a majority, not a minority, in that they want smaller government, less government intrusion, no Obamacare, and actually dealing with social programs on a manageable level. Yea, I know, whackos, especially for people like you who think that government is the only thing that can solve your issues for you.

The Ron Paul nuts are a symptom of the larger group. When they're active and turning out, the rest of your base is.

The Democratic base stayed home in 2010, and they're even more distressed right now. Bout the only thing that might bring them out is nominating someone like Bachmann...someone who really scares them.

And IMO, the people don't care about the government, they want jobs. You've done a wonderful job of blaming the lack of jobs on too much government, but since there's no where else in the economy that will grow in the next 5 years while consumers deleverage, the less government will be less jobs. but then you'll just blame that on the government again.

That statement on Perry's website is interesting. I actually agree that all children should get to go to school and if we allow Canadian trucks on US roads we should allow Mexican trucks on US roads as long as they pass standards etc.

My guess is we have some vastly different social positions.

Well, that speech is in 2001. Mexico and Canadian trucks now have the same regulations. Okay, fine.

The cherry pick of children should get educated no matter where they're from... tell you what. You send me your money right now to educate my children. It's to the benefit of society as a whole, and I don't want you to complain for one second about it. Oh, that's what your taxes are for? To educate every child OF THE WORLD in your local schools? If that's what you believe, then you should have no problem funding my every need, because it will benefit society as a whole.

Where does it stop?

Every child should have an opportunity to go to school. Thats my belief. And do your children not have access to public education?

Where does it stop? Who knows, but Im pretty sure that I can make independent decisions. But his idea that all children should get education, I completely agree with.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 08:28 PM)
Every child should have an opportunity to go to school. Thats my belief. And do your children not have access to public education?

Where does it stop? Who knows, but Im pretty sure that I can make independent decisions. But his idea that all children should get education, I completely agree with.

Ahh, so you're going to vote for him over Barack? :)

Re: first sentance, absolutely. But what if I want you to fund a better education for my child?

Again, not just on public education, and this is my whole issue with the government controlling (nearly) every aspect of social welfare - where does it stop?

If Perry showed any indication that he wasnt going to push social positions Im against (I dont know a lot about him, but my guess is we have different positions there as stated earlier) and also made it clear that he was going to represent me a Chicagoan better than Obama, Id be a fool not to consider it.

But my guess is if that happens, he wont be winning the Republican nomination.