Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Romney opens up a big cash lead:

Mitt Romney’s campaign operation boasts nearly $186 million in reserve through July, according to campaign estimates and federal filings released Monday.

That’s more than $62 million more than the $124 million Obama’s full operation — his campaign committee, the Democratic National Committee and a joint committee called the Obama Victory Fund — reported through July.

None of that includes Romney’s massive advantage when it comes to outside political groups such as super PACs and politically active nonprofits. During the first half of August, for example, the largest pro-Romney organizations outspent the main super PAC supporting Obama, Priorities USA Action, by a more than 8-to-1 margin.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 12:46 PM)
There is a possible tropical storm or stronger shaping up that might have a shot at Florida early next week. (Monday-Thursday, of course, is the GOP convention time). The actual odds remain low at this point, 5-6 day directional forecasts have limited accuracy, but worth watching.

I'll assume this is somehow connected to the Joe Biden rumor.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 02:26 PM)
Biden rumor?

I'm guessing he's referencing the 6 day predictive model Fox News used to publish that there was a 37.3576% chance that Biden would drop out of the VP slot and be replaced by Hillary.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 02:31 PM)
Something on Drudge about Secret Service preparing for Biden to be in Tampa during the convention. No story yet, just a blurp.

Well, I guess that makes sense...have Biden fill the old "OMG how did Anderson Cooper survive!" role as a hurricane hits and people forget that he's also talking because of the Ramada sign blowing past at 85 mph :)