Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 02:57 PM)
“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said in Philadelphia. “Because from what I understand, folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.” So he wants to shoot people who have knifes! What else could he mean!!!!

Calling for violence =/= calling someone a traitor

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 02:57 PM)
“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said in Philadelphia. “Because from what I understand, folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.” So he wants to shoot people who have knifes! What else could he mean!!!!

Yeah, now that quote I do see an equivalence with. Neither that quote nor Perry's was Presidential or appropriate.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)
Yeah, now that quote I do see an equivalence with. Neither that quote nor Perry's was Presidential or appropriate.

Absolutely. And it's not the "he'd be heckled and harassed in Texas" part that bothers me, it's more if he truly, honestly believes that Bernanke's actions have been purely political moves to help Obama and more importantly that they're "nearly treasonous."

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 07:10 AM)
And last I checked, there is separation of church and state in this country.

Where did you check? Please show me where it states that we cannot bring religion into the government.

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 06:45 AM)
Where did you check? Please show me where it states that we cannot bring religion into the government.

That's the liberal interpretation. Any connection with religion by any state official = unconstitutional.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 09:17 AM)
Disgusting. Hell, even the video they were using clearly implies he's talking about the debt and not Obama.

That's what I thought too honestly. Even after taking out the line about the debt, it was clear he was referring to the debt, because he had just talked about it being $14.5 or even $16 trillion.

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 06:45 AM)

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 09:13 AM)
That's the liberal interpretation. Any connection with religion by any state official = unconstitutional.

It's certainly ok for a conservative politician in office to do this. Unfortunately it would be unacceptable and an outrage for President Obama to call on Americans to join him at Meadowland stadium to pray to Allah.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 10:04 AM)
It's certainly ok for a conservative politician in office to do this. Unfortunately it would be unacceptable and an outrage for President Obama to call on Americans to join him at Meadowland stadium to pray to Allah.

But yet he still hosts Ramadan dinners at the WHite House while completely ignoring Easter.

Religion for liberal politicians is OK when it can get them votes, bad when it has anything to do with a Republican.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 10:04 AM)

I wouldn't have a problem with it from a religious standpoint. I don't care if the President or some member of Congress is religious. I choose not to ignore the fact that religion is important to the vast majority of the country, despite what the small minority thinks.

Now, the fact that he said he wasn't Muslim but would then call for people to join him to pray to Allah...the fact that he lied i might have a problem with.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 10:51 AM)
Definitely pot calling the kettle black, but that doesn't excuse either one of them.

I don't know alot about Ed Schultz, but this is the second time he's done something really stupid. He should be fired for this.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 11:15 AM)
But yet he still hosts Ramadan dinners at the WHite House while completely ignoring Easter.

Religion for liberal politicians is OK when it can get them votes, bad when it has anything to do with a Republican.

Ramadan dinners are a tradition that was honored by George W. Bush. Barack Obama also went to church on Easter, so I don't know if the absence of a Presidential proclamation would count as "completely ignoring" Easter.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 11:53 AM)
I don't know alot about Ed Schultz, but this is the second time he's done something really stupid. He should be fired for this.

If Glenn Beck got to keep his job for calling Barack Obama racist, why shouldn't Ed Schultz get to keep his? I'm not defending Ed Schultz here, but if we've defined a standard on when its acceptable to call someone a racist, I think it should be applied equally, no?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 11:15 AM)

Oh, and he hosted an Easter prayer breakfast as well. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/19/o...r_n_850944.html

Good day to be an Earth scientist. I've got 2 of the 3 "Tier 1" candidates in this race saying I manipulate science for grant money.

Fielding audience questions after brief remarks that dwelled largely on fiscal and economic issues, Perry encountered one skeptic who said he was quoting from Perry's 2010 book, Fed Up!: Our Fight to Save America From Washington, then asked whether misgivings about climate science fueled distrust of federal research in general.

"I do believe that the issue of global warming has been politicized," Perry answered. "I think there are a substantial number of scientists who have manipulated data so that they will have dollars rolling into their projects. I think we're seeing it almost weekly or even daily, scientists who are coming forward and questioning the original idea that man-made global warming is what is causing the climate to change. Yes, our climates change. They've been changing ever since the earth was formed."

Asked about the “man-made climate change myth” and “green jobs,” Bachmann said, “I think all these issues have to be settled on the base of real science, not manufactured science.”

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 05:03 PM)
Balta's rolling in the dough, we all know it.

Ed Schultz is terrible and should be fired for being the really, really bad "liberal" version of Limbaugh.

Selectively editing videos and then having outraged comments about them is currently an accepted mode of discourse in the cable news and talk radio areas. You whip up your base and you get them tuning in the next day for the next outrage. The only downside currently is that occasionally you wind up having that video posted online or you wind up on the Daily Show.

The next time I post something from Fox & Friends or Hannity doing the same thing, it won't generate more than a whimper from the other side, just like this one has generated a whimper from me.

That's the rules currently.

I find idiots like Schultz or anyone I've had the brief displeasure of hearing on a democrat radio station so much more annoying than Hannity, Limbaugh, etc. You don't have to be self-indulgently nerdy like NPR or PBS, but you don't need to make terrible arguments that make no sense and only serve to cheerlead in order to make a point.