Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

Google 6/10/11 the search term Perry for President shows about 123,000,000 results. I wish I had been tracking it from six months ago. I feel really bad for Kap. In about 18 months he's going to be telling us why Perry is superior to Obama. He will want to cut off his fingers as he types. I'll be thinking at least that gets him the hell out of Texas.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 06:54 AM)
Google 6/10/11 the search term Perry for President shows about 123,000,000 results. I wish I had been tracking it from six months ago. I feel really bad for Kap. In about 18 months he's going to be telling us why Perry is superior to Obama. He will want to cut off his fingers as he types. I'll be thinking at least that gets him the hell out of Texas.

A pile of dogs*** is superior to Obama, but Rick Perry is that pile of dogs***.

100% hold your nose pick.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry ® on Tuesday said he is giving a second thought to a presidential run but refused to set a deadline by which to make a decision.

Perry, the third-term governor and chairman of the Republican Governors Association, said that he was not considering a run for president up until six weeks ago, but that his wife and other supporters urged him to reconsider.

"Six weeks ago, this was not on my radar screen," he told Fox News's Neil Cavuto, adding that he is "giving it some serious thought."

He said his wife and supporters are telling him, "our country is in trouble and you need to give this a second thought."

Link

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 06:54 AM)

About 143,000,000 results

In less than three weeks 20,000,000 more results for Perry for President. That's twenty million. The groundswell is starting.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 01:09 PM)
(nothing)

The guy pulling the lever for the other guy. I have met him on two occasions, and both times found him to be a very nice guy, not as plastic as he seems on TV. Once was at a Scouting event and I was impressed by the sincerity he showed. I don't dislike him nearly as much as Kap. But you know us Dems, we have a big tent. I actually applaud his fiscal conservancy, and if I could trust him to continue that at a national level, I probably wouldn't be too upset with him as President. I'd vote for Obama before Perry, but as a second choice, he isn't nearly as bad as Kap makes him out to be. I wonder if the flip flop label will come out?

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 01:34 PM)
The guy pulling the lever for the other guy. I have met him on two occasions, and both times found him to be a very nice guy, not as plastic as he seems on TV. Once was at a Scouting event and I was impressed by the sincerity he showed. I don't dislike him nearly as much as Kap. But you know us Dems, we have a big tent. I actually applaud his fiscal conservancy, and if I could trust him to continue that at a national level, I probably wouldn't be too upset with him as President. I'd vote for Obama before Perry, but as a second choice, he isn't nearly as bad as Kap makes him out to be. I wonder if the flip flop label will come out?

Perry is a career politician and will do whatever the polls tell him. He's a GOP Bill Clinton... think about that one for a minute.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 12:57 AM)
Perry is a career politician and will do whatever the polls tell him. He's a GOP Bill Clinton... think about that one for a minute.

I don't think he's anywhere near as moderate as Clinton. That said, Texas certainly has some nice housing regulations perhaps other states could learn from.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 18, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
Bill Maher skewered this imbecile last night. I'll post the video once it's available.

EDIT (It's the last 'New Rule'):

I used to like Maher until he started his big rant about how prescription drugs don't work and we should all just go back to eating natural foods and we'd be healthy again. At first I agreed with him - the country is over medicated and instead of being healthy we just reach for pills. But then he went overboard, claiming that he'd never get the flu and that people don't need antibiotics. So, I love that he can "skewer" a guy like Perry for praying (and saying that's ancient Maya-type thinking) but he refuses to acknowledge the importance of medicine?

Here's the video:

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 08:53 AM)
I don't think he's anywhere near as moderate as Clinton. That said, Texas certainly has some nice housing regulations perhaps other states could learn from.

I don't think he was going for moderate... more like spineless and poll obsessed.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 10:00 AM)
I used to like Maher until he started his big rant about how prescription drugs don't work and we should all just go back to eating natural foods and we'd be healthy again. At first I agreed with him - the country is over medicated and instead of being healthy we just reach for pills. But then he went overboard, claiming that he'd never get the flu and that people don't need antibiotics. So, I love that he can "skewer" a guy like Perry for praying (and saying that's ancient Maya-type thinking) but he refuses to acknowledge the importance of medicine?

Here's the video:

I was going to defend him a bit by pointing out that we are way over medicated on anti-biotics in this country (which leads to major, major, major problems), but then I started watching the clip where he's ridiculing safety limits based on ppm/ppb counts & so forth. Yeah, that's not something I can defend.

Just so I understand y'all. It is wrong for a politician to poll the people and do what they want him to do. You want your elected representatives to do what they want and the public be dammed. I guess I am a little surprised since y'all seemed to think that Obama was wrong for health care and pointed to polls that showed the American people didn't want it.

For the record, I have no problem with an elected leader seeing the polls and delivering what the public wants.

Perry - Palin 2012

QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
Just so I understand y'all. It is wrong for a politician to poll the people and do what they want him to do. You want your elected representatives to do what they want and the public be dammed. I guess I am a little surprised since y'all seemed to think that Obama was wrong for health care and pointed to polls that showed the American people didn't want it.

For the record, I have no problem with an elected leader seeing the polls and delivering what the public wants.

Perry - Palin 2012

You are in mid-election form.

Ok, Tex is baiting me, so I'm stealing this one.

On April 21, Rick Perry asked Texans to pray for rain that would help end the drought and fires in Texas. Here is a graphic of the Texas drought conditions at that time.

Screen-shot-2011-07-01-at-9.08.58-AM-300

Here is what the drought conditions in Texas are this week.

Screen-shot-2011-07-01-at-9.08.46-AM-300

God is strongly opposed to helping out Rick Perry.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 01:32 PM)
You are in mid-election form.

This is a consistent rant of mine. I have no problem with politicians polling the public. In fact, isn't that the best counter to PACs and lobbyists? You call those politicians on both sides of the game spineless, flip floppers, etc. I don't have an issue with anyone doing the same, Dem or Rep.

IF this country is going to get out of this mess, it is going to take someone with some balls to do some things that are unpopular that does NOT (get that?), I repeat, does NOT put responsibility on government to take care of everything.

Right now, there's no such leader.