Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 01:01 PM)
Hmm, I still think I'll take Kyyle's advice and put it on the backburner for a bit. If she comes to me, I'll know.

There is such thing as getting in and out of the friend zone. Some guys just feel sorry for themselves once they get into it and dont realize that playing hard to get works both ways.

Make her want you. If she doesnt, then the "fish in the sea" adage still fits

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)
There is such thing as getting in and out of the friend zone. Some guys just feel sorry for themselves once they get into it and dont realize that playing hard to get works both ways.

I agree, but if the girl is still recovering from a bad breakup, it may come off that he is an asshole instead of "hard to get." You've got to be really careful with people that are hurt and trying to repair themselves.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
If any man knew what a girl was thinking, he'd write a book and be a billionaire by now.

why doesnt a girl just write that book and be a billionaire then? Because they dont even know what the f*** they are thinking.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
why doesnt a girl just write that book and be a billionaire then? Because they dont even know what the f*** they are thinking.

Because even if she/they wrote the book, men would still never understand it. Thats just the way of life.

QUOTE (soxman352000 @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 01:57 PM)
I'm hoping it is. I'm just really confused right now about what she's thinking.

News Flash... it doesn't get easier.

20 years of marriage and the only thing I truly understand about how my wife thinks is that if something goes wrong:

a. It's my fault

b. She told me it would happen

c. I wouldn't have these problems if I listened to her.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 01:35 PM)
Says the guy fantasizing about the washed-up B movie actress in photoshopped White Sox gear.

1. Stay out of my fantasies.

2. How dare you!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm trying to help open his eyes. I would say the same thing to my best friend if he told me "she finally started talking to me again". Then I would slap him in the face and say WAKE THE f*** UP!

soxfan: you just told a girl you've known for 4 years you liked her. She told you she needed time to process this. Here's the scoop: She didnt. She knows you already...you're not new to her...You have a history. In fact, I guarantee she has already thought about being with you and you either got the thumbs up or down. Anyway, she proceeded to not talk to you for what like 7 days??? That's f***ed up in and of itself, but if the first words out of her mouth weren't giving you some insight as to what her feelings are...then she has none. The process time was trying to figure out how to tell you. Unless, you left something out, there is nothing to be confused about here. I'm sorry dude.

I know Im late to the thread but I just wanted to say that most people have been where youre at. I wish that there was some advice that I can give you to make it better, but there really isnt. It takes time and that amount of time is different for everyone.

I tried to stay friends, it didnt really work. We once and a while send an email, maybe speak with her once a year, but thats it. This was a girl that I went out with for 4.5 years and lived with for 3. It just doesnt always work out the way that we plan.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 01:48 PM)

One of the most effective ways to make a woman want you is to ignore her. It sounds counterproductive, and it is bit manipulative, but I notice guys always seem to think, "if I'm there for the woman she'll see it and begin to like me!" Attraction doesn't follow logic.

Every girl loves attention. Even if she doesn't think of you as a boyfriend she'll keep you around to pump up her ego. Then when you take something she does as a sign, and make a move only to be rejected, you're left wondering what the hell happened. When a girl likes you, she makes it clear. I've never dated a girl who didn't make it painfully obvious from the beginning she wanted to be with me. Everyone should understand this about women, too -- they are conditioned to have men chase them, but when they're interested in a certain guy they will do anything to be with you. Hell, I can remember when two girls liked a good friend of mine, and these two -- who had been best friends for 20 years -- were fighting each other over a person they had just met a month prior. It works for guys too, but women more than men would push aside their best friends for the right person.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

The worse you treat a woman the more she'll want you. Nice guys finish last, always. This doesn't mean you have the green light to smack the s*** out of her. It's a very fine line that should only be walked by an experienced ***hole. This is helpful for the next time. You won't be able to pull it off now because she knows you too well. Being an ***hole won't come off as natural at this point, it will seem forced and backfire on you. For now, be the rebound guy. Be the shoulder she can cry on and once the moment is right, take full advantage of the situation. At this point you're just trying to get whatever you can.

QUOTE (chwhtsox @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 10:06 PM)
The worse you treat a woman the more she'll want you. Nice guys finish last, always. This doesn't mean you have the green light to smack the s*** out of her. It's a very fine line that should only be walked by an experienced ***hole. This is helpful for the next time. You won't be able to pull it off now because she knows you too well. Being an ***hole won't come off as natural at this point, it will seem forced and backfire on you. For now, be the rebound guy. Be the shoulder she can cry on and once the moment is right, take full advantage of the situation. At this point you're just trying to get whatever you can.

So, to sum up, work hard art it and aspire to be an a**hole.

:ph34r:

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (chwhtsox @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 09:06 PM)

The OJ avatar next to this post is a nice touch.

:D