Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (Yoda @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 06:54 AM)
Sounds like you'll need to pound a few IPA's before going all the way with her.

That would be true if he's out on the prowl but a woman he's trying to date? That's a catastrophe waiting to happen... "Hey, you're hips are kinda bigggg ya know, *hic* I've never been with a big girl in my life bwhahahhaha this should be fun..."

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 06:39 AM)
If you're going to be critical of her size on a regular basis instead of accepting her, then you shouldn't even bother dating her, let alone attempt a sexual relationship with her.

Yeah, this is a real knowledge drop. Good post.

If you want to get it in, you should just tell her such and not be use her for a big girl experience.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 09:20 AM)
Yeah, this is a real knowledge drop. Good post.

If you want to get it in, you should just tell her such and not be use her for a big girl experience.

Especially if he's saying they could be friends if he doesn't want to date her.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 10:39 AM)
What would you say the odds are on them hooking up?

You never hear about a 4th date because after the 3rd you don't refer to your meetups anymore as "dates."

The 3rd date usually ends up like this:

A. Go out for dinner one more time and then invite her over to your place.

OR

B. You're not going anywhere after dinner and will remain in the friend zone thus not wanting to pursue anything more w/ that person as far as social meet-ups.

If A. goes well Netflix and Chill will be a daily occurrence and they'll end up looking forward to seeing each other on a daily basis. If A. doesn't go very well, then that's it. The attempt was made and hey at least he won't be asking "what if."

QUOTE (Yoda @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 11:01 AM)
You never hear about a 4th date because after the 3rd you don't refer to your meetups anymore as "dates."

The 3rd date usually ends up like this:

A. Go out for dinner one more time and then invite her over to your place.

OR

B. You're not going anywhere after dinner and will remain in the friend zone thus not wanting to pursue anything more w/ that person as far as social meet-ups.

If A. goes well Netflix and Chill will be a daily occurrence and they'll end up looking forward to seeing each other on a daily basis. If A. doesn't go very well, then that's it. The attempt was made and hey at least he won't be asking "what if."

This seems like pretty solid life advice. Thanks. :)

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 10:56 AM)
I'm going to say 3:1. I'm going 75% chance.

Lol 0% chance. I am going to her place for a bonfire and to watch some Louis CK with her best friend and her girlfriend.

I slow play things, I have no intentions of hooking up for a few weeks, minimum. I always joke with her that our first kiss (nope, I haven't even tried) won't be until June. I enjoy having the upper hand when it comes to this stuff early on because if we start dating and hooking up, I know I'll be looking for BJs on the regular. ;) :lol:

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 7, 2017 -> 06:39 AM)
If you're going to be critical of her size on a regular basis instead of accepting her, then you shouldn't even bother dating her, let alone attempt a sexual relationship with her.

Well, this is an "advice" thread, so I'm not necessarily going to harp on how every other aspect of her is great and she's a blast to be around. I could talk to her all day long, she busts my balls, she's funny, she's real pretty, she's independent and self-reliant, she's got a really strong family (borderline too close w/ her mom, but that's a possible future discussion on here), a job that I tend to seek out in a partner (teacher), and other cool stuff. My original point and continued point is just wondering if it's possible for me to be as attracted to her body as I am her mind. I've never really been in this situation before and I am hoping it's possible, and I think it can be.

I don't see this thread as a "let me brag about my partner", but and more like "help me figure out this issue". I would expect most topics in this thread to be either negative or controversial in nature.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Apr 8, 2017 -> 02:11 AM)
Well, this is an "advice" thread, so I'm not necessarily going to harp on how every other aspect of her is great and she's a blast to be around. I could talk to her all day long, she busts my balls, she's funny, she's real pretty, she's independent and self-reliant, she's got a really strong family (borderline too close w/ her mom, but that's a possible future discussion on here), a job that I tend to seek out in a partner (teacher), and other cool stuff. My original point and continued point is just wondering if it's possible for me to be as attracted to her body as I am her mind. I've never really been in this situation before and I am hoping it's possible, and I think it can be.

I don't see this thread as a "let me brag about my partner", but and more like "help me figure out this issue". I would expect most topics in this thread to be either negative or controversial in nature.

Stop focusing on her hips and they won't be a problem dude. Sounds like the young lady has alot going for her so try to look at the overall package and not just one aspect of it.

I do get what your saying about how you're used to a certain build in the women you've dated. I've always preferred the smaller ones myself. ;)

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Apr 10, 2017 -> 01:37 AM)
For all of you that are on the edge of your seats wondering..... there will be no 4th date.

Will you guys be friends at least?

A couple of years ago I was head over heels with this girl who was not looking for a relationship so we ended up just being friends. Went to a couple of Sox games, concerts, and all that but remained just friends. Fast forward to today and I'm living a happy life with my gf (whom I met online a little less than 2 years ago) and our 4 month old baby and let me tell you, things do happen for a reason. I wouldn't have it any other way.

QUOTE (Yoda @ Apr 10, 2017 -> 07:42 AM)

A couple of years ago I was head over heels with this girl who was not looking for a relationship so we ended up just being friends. Went to a couple of Sox games, concerts, and all that but remained just friends. Fast forward to today and I'm living a happy life with my gf (whom I met online a little less than 2 years ago) and our 4 month old baby and let me tell you, things do happen for a reason. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Are you trying to say it's the same girl? Lol, you never really said.

But I honestly hope we will be friends after this. There is no 4th date because I've decided I don't want one. Her body is still on my mind too much, but there were also some things that were talked about that really made me think this would never work out. But none of those things would turn me off of being friends with her, so I am hoping she feels the same way and can just be friends.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 06:15 AM)

But I honestly hope we will be friends after this. There is no 4th date because I've decided I don't want one. Her body is still on my mind too much, but there were also some things that were talked about that really made me think this would never work out. But none of those things would turn me off of being friends with her, so I am hoping she feels the same way and can just be friends.

She must be really big. Never have we heard more about hips. Not ripping you, mostly kidding, but is she immense?

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 12:15 AM)

Sorry I wasn't so clear on that.

No, it wasn't the same girl. IMO, it all worked out well for that girl I really liked and for myself. I have her as a friend on FB and she's been in a relationship for a good while now and so have I. Both of us were just meant for someone else.

My advice: keep on looking. There are so many girls in this small world I'm sure the right one is out there for you (w/ small hips and all ;) ).

QUOTE (Yoda @ Apr 10, 2017 -> 07:42 AM)

Wife her up. :D

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 5, 2016 -> 05:51 PM)
I'm a junior in HS. Girl is into me and I think I am also into her (she is a Sox fan and literally can recite Sox player stats/sabermetrics AND is pretty. Too good to be true right?). Problem is that she is a graduating senior who will go to college in Louisiana, and there's like, a 1% chance I go to college there.

This is on par with what I usually hear. I don't think cheating would be as much of an issue with this girl, but I could see jealousy (both ways). In the age of the smartphone and near-constant communication, I'd hope that some of these problems are less prevalent now.

Yes, I graduate in May 2017 and the girl graduates in a couple weeks. It seems like a horrible idea, but we have so much in common and it would be hard to not try to make something work.

Lol, I knew I probably posted this in here. I disregarded everyone's advice (you guys, friends, parents, etc.) and went with the long distance relationship, and we're somehow approaching our 1-year anniversary in a couple weeks. No big problems either. I'm honestly surprised, but in a good way.