Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 12:20 PM)
Lol, I knew I probably posted this in here. I disregarded everyone's advice (you guys, friends, parents, etc.) and went with the long distance relationship, and we're somehow approaching our 1-year anniversary in a couple weeks. No big problems either. I'm honestly surprised, but in a good way.

:headbang :headbang

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 12:20 PM)
Lol, I knew I probably posted this in here. I disregarded everyone's advice (you guys, friends, parents, etc.) and went with the long distance relationship, and we're somehow approaching our 1-year anniversary in a couple weeks. No big problems either. I'm honestly surprised, but in a good way.

More power to ya.

College was so much fun there was no comparing it to high school. You get to meet all kinds of different people and it was hard (for me at least) not to be out with at least 2 or 3 different girls a week. I wasn’t looking for any commitments either in the beginning since I had just gotten out of a 2 year relationship with my h.s. sweetheart. My advice, have fun while you can. You only get one go at this life.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Aug 28, 2017 -> 02:34 AM)
Pretty dope wedding gift, huh?

21149974_10213488976037782_5770611885620

Customized jersey, handwritten card by Luis Gonzalez, and autographed balls from Luis Gonzalez, Justin Upton, Paul Goldschmidt, AJ Pollock, and of course, Randy Johnson.

That's awesome!

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Sep 5, 2017 -> 01:45 AM)
I'm the best Best Man of all time, and the Dbacks are an enormously generous organization for responding to an email asking for a simple Goldschmidt autograph.

Wow. That's unreal. Thank you for sharing, and indeed you are.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Sep 4, 2017 -> 11:45 PM)
I'm the best Best Man of all time, and the Dbacks are an enormously generous organization for responding to an email asking for a simple Goldschmidt autograph.

And then even sent the bride a jersey?

That's pretty awesome! Well-done!

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 5, 2017 -> 11:22 AM)
It's amazing what teams or people will do if you just reach out to them. When someone I know got married a few years back, he sent an email to James Cornelison asking if he would sing. Showed up and did the ceremony pro bono.

I have gotten to meet Governors, Senators and others by doing exactly that.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 5, 2017 -> 08:03 AM)
And then even sent the bride a jersey?

That's pretty awesome! Well-done!

Nah, the bride got nothing. I was friends with both of them before they even met each other, and I already asked a month or so ago if it was ok if the gift was just for him, and they said it was cool since all the wedding shower s*** was stuff she wanted. He teared up when he got to the Randy Johnson ball.

And the Dbacks still haven't lost since the wedding.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey everyone, wanted some quick advice.

About a year ago two weeks after I broke up with my longterm girlfriend, I met a girl at a bar (I was drunk and she was even on a date lol).  Managed to get her number and we went out on a date about a month later (sushi and live music downtown).  Went great, but I ended up ghosting her, not intentional, but I guess I just wasn't ready for anything.

We would talk occasionally here and there, but now 8 months later I finally am.  Started talking to her again about a month ago and a half after doing all that, thought she would of hated/ignored me, but we have done dinner/football at a bar downtown and we went to the Cubs/Rockies game with some of my friends as our fist couple dates.  Have another date this weekend cooking dinner at her place.  Real cool girl, obviously attracted to her, loves sports, outgoing, loves beer, extremely smart.  My question is if things keep going well, how many dates/how long we've talked until I can ask her out?  I'm starting to like her quite a bit, but I just don't know how things play out.  I haven't had a first date in 8 years and that was when I was 18, so obviously things are a little different haha.

Thanks in advance!   

On 10/4/2018 at 4:45 PM, GGajewski18 said:

Hey everyone, wanted some quick advice.

About a year ago two weeks after I broke up with my longterm girlfriend, I met a girl at a bar (I was drunk and she was even on a date lol).  Managed to get her number and we went out on a date about a month later (sushi and live music downtown).  Went great, but I ended up ghosting her, not intentional, but I guess I just wasn't ready for anything.

We would talk occasionally here and there, but now 8 months later I finally am.  Started talking to her again about a month ago and a half after doing all that, thought she would of hated/ignored me, but we have done dinner/football at a bar downtown and we went to the Cubs/Rockies game with some of my friends as our fist couple dates.  Have another date this weekend cooking dinner at her place.  Real cool girl, obviously attracted to her, loves sports, outgoing, loves beer, extremely smart.  My question is if things keep going well, how many dates/how long we've talked until I can ask her out?  I'm starting to like her quite a bit, but I just don't know how things play out.  I haven't had a first date in 8 years and that was when I was 18, so obviously things are a little different haha.

Thanks in advance!   

I'm confused when you said you hadn't have a first date in 8 years. Sounds like you went on your first date with her about a year ago, and several dates since.

As far as how to ask her out, since it's kind of an awkward and vulnerably position to be in, especially in this modern society, I would kind of make light of it, or make a joke out of it. When I "officially" asked my girlfriend to be...my girlfriend, about 14 months ago, I did it by asking her "Soo....should I delete my Tinder now or..." and made it a light-hearted thing. And then we both watched as I uninstalled the app as if it was some big step. We had a good laugh about it.