Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
I think it was only a matter of time until this happened...:)

Guys, relationship thread.

If you want to create a sexuality thread or something, be my guest. But keep it somewhat respectable so if a woman chooses to read it she can't sue us.

I would love to see what happens with a sexuality thread. Seriesly.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 11:16 AM)
Is the taste of p**** better when you are hooking up or with someone you genuinely like and are with? That's the question I'm proposing.

I like getting the p**** better when I'm with someone i like I'll put it that way

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
We've had multiple ones on this board.. You know that. Gotta be careful with the noob mods though. :P

That's true, I know that. Didn't know who was a moderator on the board though. Seriesly. (I remember when someone used that in the thread and it was kind of silly.)

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 01:43 PM)
What do you mean by this? Elaborate...

I kinda thought things were gravy and feelings were mutual and what not, so I didn't really get aggressive in seeking a relationship. We were talking almost every day and hanging out. She said she'd been feeling down lately so I took her to lunch today, and then she went on a bit later saying I'm a great friend and that she feels better. I guess she's coming off a relationship where she got cheated on so maybe its just the timing. We'll see.

Back when I was single I asked a married guy I respected how you knew when you found the girl you were going to marry.

He looked at me like I was a complete idiot and said...

"Here's how it's going to happen. Someday a girl is going to come along, grab ahold of your a**, and not let go. You won't be able to shake her. That's how you'll know."

Which is pretty much exactly what happened to most of the guys I know. LOL.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it went for me. One minute I was like "hey, this is going pretty well, I kinda like this girl..." and the next thing I knew, we owned a house together.

Also, is it just me, or is the reply text box not working correctly? I can't see my cursor, and no keyboard commands seem to work, besides backspace.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 01:49 PM)
I kinda thought things were gravy and feelings were mutual and what not, so I didn't really get aggressive in seeking a relationship. We were talking almost every day and hanging out. She said she'd been feeling down lately so I took her to lunch today, and then she went on a bit later saying I'm a great friend and that she feels better. I guess she's coming off a relationship where she got cheated on so maybe its just the timing. We'll see.

How long ago did this relationship end?

I don't think there is anything wrong with being called "a great friend." Women are not men. They DO want their man to be a friend first (at least the one they ultimately choose). You just have to make sure that you don't become THE friend.

QUOTE (scenario @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 12:49 PM)
Back when I was single I asked a married guy I respected how you knew when you found the girl you were going to marry.

He looked at me like I was a complete idiot and said...

"Here's how it's going to happen. Someday a girl is going to come along, grab ahold of your a**, and not let go. You won't be able to shake her. That's how you'll know."

Which is pretty much exactly what happened to most of the guys I know. LOL.

Eventually you get an ultimatum.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
How long ago did this relationship end?

I don't think there is anything wrong with being called "a great friend." Women are not men. They DO want their man to be a friend first (at least the one they ultimately choose). You just have to make sure that you don't become THE friend.

Hmm, I still think I'll take Kyyle's advice and put it on the backburner for a bit. If she comes to me, I'll know.