• BobDylan
    • knightni
    • BigSqwert
    • SHIPPS
    • The Critic

Is it too soon for a concession speech?

:D

Ladies and Gentlemen of Soxtalk,

I stand before you today to concede the 2009 Funniest Poster Award race to SHIPPS. This is not a sad day for me. This is merely the end of one chapter of my online life, and with every ending comes a new beginning. I ran what I believed to be a funny campaign, but the people have spoken and I readily accept their verdict. The people of Soxtalk are looking for a new voice, a fresh approach to mocking the topics of the day. They have found their candidate in SHIPPS, and I join them in congratulating him.

At this time, I'd like to commend SHIPPS on running a hilarious campaign. He quipped, punned and ably used sarcasm to bring laughter to almost 20 people. This is no small feat. I look forward to his 2010 hilarity with great anticipation. I, myself, will take a few weeks off from being funny to rest and re-charge my batteries before I ponder what the future holds. I have enjoyed immensely the privelege of being Soxtalk's funniest motherf***er for the past year, but with that honor comes great pressure to perform. I'd be lying to you if I said there wasn't any part of me relieved at losing that pressure. I shall entertain other options here at Soxtalk - I have thought of perhaps entering the Drunk Poster realm, or perhaps losing myself in minor-league statistical data. Maybe I'll go to a ton of crappy movies, or I may even decide to watch Scrubs......I'm just kidding about Scrubs, that show sucks.

In closing, I'd like to offer any comedic support I can to SHIPPS and his administration during the transitional period, and I have great faith that the funny bone of this online community is in capable and sure hands (or typing fingers, as the case may be).

Thank you, good night, and f*** off.

The Critic

Thank you Critic,

That just shows what a classy f***er you are. To be able to admit defeat to someone you know very well in your heart of hearts is not even nearly as funny and clever as you but because a few teenagers like my Will Ferrell avatar and I have a dancing piece of s*** on every post that I make along with the legend of the penis thread I was able to beat you out by a whole heaping handful of votes taken from the masses of atleast 50 nerds like myself. I commend your gracefulness, I would be pissed if I were you. :usa

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 12:20 PM)
Thank you Critic,

That just shows what a classy f***er you are. To be able to admit defeat to someone you know very well in your heart of hearts is not even nearly as funny and clever as you but because a few teenagers like my Will Ferrell avatar and I have a dancing piece of s*** on every post that I make along with the legend of the penis thread I was able to beat you out by a whole heaping handful of votes taken from the masses of atleast 50 nerds like myself. I commend your gracefulness, I would be pissed if I were you. :usa

Oh, just cut the crap and GLOAT already, willya???

You know you want to!!!

:cheers

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 08:41 AM)
LOL. Hey I thought the cutoff date was yesterday! People are coming to their senses! Stop the voting! :lolhitting

WHAT THE...???

HEY, CAN I RETRACT MY CONCESSION SPEECH?????

HANGING CHADS!! VOTER INTIMIDATION!!!

ELECTRONIC VOTING CORRUPTION IN FLA(SOXXJIM)!!!

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!!

:lolhitting