Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC

chetkincaid

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
I'm really excited about this. It's great to know that we're make a legit play here.

Really, the great characters within the organization are... if the Sox were serious, they'd up their bid by 2.5 million and he'd sign. Obviously, he wants the White Sox, but the money (somehow) is in Detroit.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 08:45 PM)
Really, the great characters within the organization are... if the Sox were serious, they'd up their bid by 2.5 million and he'd sign. Obviously, he wants the White Sox, but the money (somehow) is in Detroit.

Money and really nothing else.

"Let me tell you Johnny, when you were first comin up with the Royals, I swore that you were the greatest CF I'd ever seen, I'd ever seen. I mean, if I was GM I'd just sign you and bring up ole Andy Gonzalez, you two kids can play some baseball"

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
Boras plays hardball with his prime guys, but isnt there some precedent for him taking his lowered-value guys and having em sign one-year just-OK deals?

He either wants the long term deal, or a one year deal. If he can't get a long term deal, he seems to like to get his guys back to FA ASAP.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 08:45 PM)
Damon may not be the ideal fit for the team, but he sure would plug that gaping hole...and make a lot of us feel better.

I have a feeling that if he plugged my gaping hole, it would not make me feel a lot better. I don't know what I'd do with a gaping hole in the first place.

I actually feel pretty optimistic about Damon signing with the Sox. I think his wife is a huge factor in this, and she has no interest in spending 6 months in Detroit.

Maybe he'll take four million, win a championship, and be a free agent again in nine months.

Come on, Johnny. Do it!