Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm pretty tired of Favre in general and I think he's stayed in the league about 1 year too long, but it is still pretty incredible that he went out there today and I'm sure will go out there next week too. I'm not sure that there would be any other QBs doing that.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 12:21 AM)
I'm pretty tired of Favre in general and I think he's stayed in the league about 1 year too long, but it is still pretty incredible that he went out there today and I'm sure will go out there next week too. I'm not sure that there would be any other QBs doing that.

The problem is though...there's a reason other QB's probably wouldn't be doing that...because they're smart enough to know that if they're only at 75% they're hurting their team.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 08:35 AM)
The problem is though...there's a reason other QB's probably wouldn't be doing that...because they're smart enough to know that if they're only at 75% they're hurting their team.

His 75% is better then Jackson. He played well yesterday so it isnt like he was hurting his team yesterday by playing.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Oct 31, 2010 -> 04:17 PM)
Yikes....Chiefs barely beat the Bills before overtime expires. I know the Bills have been playing well the last couple of weeks, but still. A win is a win.

Bills are playing some close games, they are bound to win soon. Possible trap game for the Bears? I also see that it is being played in Toronto.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 31, 2010 -> 05:31 PM)
Some pretty piss-poor football was played today.

That is for sure, but I'll take the ugly 9-0 win.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 31, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
Itll be impressive if Farve can play next week, he may have suffered a broken jaw.

He will, wonder if he will change up his helmet to protect his chin or wear a strap.

Wow, what a day yesterday!

Hit two 4-leg parlays for a $2,100 day...

1) Rams - 3

Detroit/Redskins over 44

Bills +7.5

Chargers -3.5

That one paid $650, so I figured I would put a little down on the games last night...

2) Giants +132

Under 9 runs

Saints - 2

Under 45.5

$100 to win $1,461

8-0 for the day!

The one good thing about living in Vegas I guess (at least yesterday it was, anyways)

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 09:30 AM)
Bills are playing some close games, they are bound to win soon. Possible trap game for the Bears? I also see that it is being played in Toronto.

A trap game? If the Bears lose, it will be cause they are a crap football team, not cause they were looking ahead or taking the Bills lightly.

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that the Vikings have waived Randy Moss.

I'm sure he'll re-sign with the Pats after his profession of love for them, and I won't even say the Bears should get him because he can't block.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
Ha that's just hilarious.

Be interesting to see if anyone takes the chance with him.

You'd be nuts not to... it's not his fault Brett Favre can't throw. Moss is STILL an elite talent. Honestly, Jay Cutler should be texting JA right now demanding that Moss be signed and featured in Mike Martz' offense. It's not like Martz uses receivers to block ever.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 02:09 PM)
He's going back to the Patriots. I'd bet on that.

I thought the same thing.

The Bears still have 3 games (2 vikings, 1 patriots) against Moss teams. That intel alone is worth the claim.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 02:26 PM)
Do NFL waivers work the same as MLB? If so I wouldn't bet too much on that one.

looks like it. Per Rotoword:

The winless Bills have first dibs, but are not expected to bite. Moss indicated Sunday that he'd like to return to New England, but the Patriots are last in the waiver order. NFL Network's Jason La Canfora mentions Indianapolis and Washington as possible destinations. We'll know by 4PM ET Tuesday if he's been claimed.

another blurb off Rotoword:

Shalise Manza Young of the Boston Globe predicts that Randy Moss will not end up with the Patriots after being waived on Monday.

According to Manza Young, the Patriots-Moss "divorce wasn't as amicable as seems now." The 6-1 Patriots also rank 32nd in the waiver order, and another team seems likely to claim Moss before he gets there. We'd add to the possible landing spots 4-3 Miami, 4-4 St. Louis, 4-3 Chicago, and 4-4 Jacksonville.