Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Frankly...if you remove forte we have chester taylor. We had cutler out for a concussion as well. Our #2 WR out wouldn't kill us, b/c they all suck. Our OLB has been out as well. Jennings out wouldn't kill us either.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 08:21 AM)
Well it would have helped if our starting QB didn't get his bell rung in the 2nd quarter.

On another note, I think the Lions are getting good.

Especially since Rodgers put up 3 TDs before he was knocked out, oh wait, they lost 7-3?

Rodgers didn't lead not even one offensive scoring drive before he was knocked out?

My bad...

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 10:02 AM)
What about Tuesdays game? Nobody thought Minny would beat Philly with Webb at the helm, pretty big break right there to help you guys secure a bye.

Bears faced Stanton too, lets not forget the 5 other teams that used backup QBs vs your team. And you guys managed to avoid any crucial long term injuries all year. Now that were circling back to week 1 you guys should have lost to Detroit had it not been for the dumbest penalty flag in the game and this could be a totally different season for you. I can continue with these stupid what if statements all day.

Your right you have absolutely nothing to play for if Carolina beats Atlanta and Tampa beats the Saints, please, and Lovie already indicated he would play his starters. As a Bears fan you should know this. Even if this doesn't happen do you really think Lovie would let up on us, after all it was his #1 goal to beat the Packers.

I was purely speaking we haven't caught any breaks on the injury front, as in nobody is staying healthy, sure injuries isn't an excuse but if you told me we wouldn't be better with someone like Finley, Grant too name a few your a f***ing moron. Heck to be in this position with what 16 players on the IR I'm ecstatic and we still look like a team capable of winning the Super Bowl. Even if we miss the playoffs the front office should get a big pat on the back, goes to show what good drafting/scouting can do for your team's depth.

Pretty funny/pathetic how cocky Bear fans get when they make the playoffs, which doesn't come around all too often :lolhitting

So losing Aaron Rodgers must have been a big break........ok

Oh yeah, the Packers have been piling up those SB trophies the last few decades huh...FYI, the last team from the NFC North to get to the SB were the Bears, Einstein...

Packer fans aren't exactly a humble bunch either pal...take a look at their forums, they go around believing the NFC North Division is owed to them and nobody else.

Since 2000, Bears have won 4 division titles, same as the Packers and the Vikings 3...where do you get off laughing at our "we don't get to the playoffs often"? You guys don't either :lolhitting

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Injuries are hardly an excuse in the NFL anymore. It seems like any team can beat any other team at any point, and it happens a lot. Browns over the Pats, Vikings with a 3rd string QB over the Eagles. The Bengals lost both of their starting WR's before last weeks game and then beat the Chargers. The Colts entire offense seems to be injured and Manning is going to take them to the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Panthers beat the Falcons and watch the Saints take the 1 seed. I just don't see both of them losing. One thing is for sure, nothing is a given in the NFL this year.

I keep reading people mentioning "well the bears stayed healthy this year" as if it is something to hold against them. And they did lose their starting QB for 2 games, one pretty important(giants, lets face it, Cutler wasnt there after the second sack) and Carolina. The Bears held up against an inferior team in Carolina and got whipped against the Giants. The Packers held their own against NE but lost, and did not take advantage of a weaker opponent in the Lions.

Right now the Bears have managed their season the way they should, there is nothing wrong with it.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
"Injuries can happen at any time. But for us, the guys have prepared in the offseason to go through this year. We haven't had a lot of injuries. We're just gonna keep it going in that direction."

quote from Lovie Smith on ESPN Chicago

all im trying to show is that the Packers have not gotten the "breaks" like that post has mentioned. That win against us wasnt dominating. It was by a field goal at the end of regulation. Anyone who watched that game knows that the Bears werent dominating in that game.

I watched both Detroit/Green Bay games and you guys were far from dominating them...just saying.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 12:21 PM)
I will be hoping to make this analogy come February. 2005 White Sox: Jay Mariotti as 2010 Bears: Trent Dilfer

At least Jay flip-flopped all season long. Even last Sunday (or was it Monday?) night, Dilfer couldn't give the Bears any credit. Jay's play was solely due to the Jets not playing well enough, apparently.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 01:23 PM)
At least Jay flip-flopped all season long. Even last Sunday (or was it Monday?) night, Dilfer couldn't give the Bears any credit. Jay's play was solely due to the Jets not playing well enough, apparently.

I think Dilfer not being a fan of the Bears doesn't remotely compare to Mariotti's level of ***hattery.

I learned that Tim Hasselbeck isn't particularly a fan either. Yay for loser quarterbacks that work for espn hating the Bears! It's like they see Jay and his bad mechanics and want him to suck because they did...

Anyways, what would you guys do this Sunday...play the starters the whole game? Play them half the game? Not play them at all?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 01:42 PM)
Anyways, what would you guys do this Sunday...play the starters the whole game? Play them half the game? Not play them at all?

I'd see how the game is going. Prepare normally. If the game is close the whole way, the starters play the whole way. If Cutler pulls a Grossman, then Hanie and the backups get the 2nd half.

You've already got the bye week to get healthy if someone tweaks anything. The Bears are a team that is actually getting better as the season goes along, esp. on offense. Gametime offense practice = useful.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 12:47 PM)
I'd see how the game is going. Prepare normally. If the game is close the whole way, the starters play the whole way. If Cutler pulls a Grossman, then Hanie and the backups get the 2nd half.

You've already got the bye week to get healthy if someone tweaks anything. The Bears are a team that is actually getting better as the season goes along, esp. on offense. Gametime offense practice = useful.

Wow, someone that actually agrees with me...I've been arguing all morning with friends about this.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 01:49 PM)
Wow, someone that actually agrees with me...I've been arguing all morning with friends about this.

There really is no wrong answer honestly, some teams will benefit more from either method. I think it makes sense that the Bears should play as hard as they can, that seems like what this team needs...but there's no prima facie reason whyHanie couldn't play the whole game and the Bears could wind up in the Super Bowl.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
There really is no wrong answer honestly, some teams will benefit more from either method. I think it makes sense that the Bears should play as hard as they can, that seems like what this team needs...but there's no prima facie reason whyHanie couldn't play the whole game and the Bears could wind up in the Super Bowl.

Well, I really agree with your point about the Bears starting to play better offensively...I almost wish we had a couple more games because I think we are really starting to see them click. I don't want to squash that momentum by playing some half-assed game plan or by not playing Cutler at all really.

Secondly, I really, really would like to take these Packers out of the playoffs. I think they're just as dangerous if not more dangerous than any other team in the NFC, and would love to eliminate them while we have a chance.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 10:02 AM)
REALLY? The packers have been one of the unluckiest teams in football this year. If any team in the NFL (definately including the bears in this one) were to lose their starting RB one of the top 2 CB on their roster at the time (Al Harris), their 2nd best reciever (donald driver missed a few games) their top TE for the season (Finley), Nick Barnett going down for the season, their defensive line has been banged up all season, not to mention aaron rodgers got a concussion in that detroit game so it was Matt Flynn against the 3rd string QB in the 2nd half of that game

Anyone who suggests the Bears are the superior of the two teams are crazy, i know they cant control who they play but their strength of schedule was horrible

You're describing the Colts with the exception of the QB injury.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 12:42 PM)
I learned that Tim Hasselbeck isn't particularly a fan either. Yay for loser quarterbacks that work for espn hating the Bears! It's like they see Jay and his bad mechanics and want him to suck because they did...

Play the starters. If they win, they continue to carry the momentum into the playoffs. If they lose, they will have something to prove again. Win-win. With that said, anything that resembles an injury to a starter should result in the player being pulled for the rest of the game, unless that starter is an O-lineman and Cutler is still in the game

Has there been any talk of Hanie getting first team reps this week?

And most of the talk has been of players like Cutler, Forte, Urlacher, Briggs getting time off. What happens to Tillman, Jennings, Chris Harris, Major Wright? Do they stay in? They arent the best DB group in the league, but I think we all can agree that the dropoff from that group is pretty steep

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 10:56 AM)
Oh yeah, the Packers have been piling up those SB trophies the last few decades huh...FYI, the last team from the NFC North to get to the SB were the Bears, Einstein...

Packer fans aren't exactly a humble bunch either pal...take a look at their forums, they go around believing the NFC North Division is owed to them and nobody else.

Since 2000, Bears have won 4 division titles, same as the Packers and the Vikings 3...where do you get off laughing at our "we don't get to the playoffs often"? You guys don't either :lolhitting

When did I ever mention "super bowls" or the term "decade"? Please show me. Since I was born GB has been more successful and that is all I'm referring to, shall we take a look at the 90s? Because I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want me to. This is a pointless argument altogether when we could go back and forth picking random dates where one team was better than the other, and no I'm not saying you were better in the 2000s.

I don't give a s*** that you were the last to make it to the Super Bowl you prick, did you win? Now remind me, who was the last NFC North team to make it to the Super Bowl and win because I forget?

I don't visit any other forum than this one, I have better things to do. Why shouldn't they go into the season thinking they are going to win it? When you have one of the best QBs of all time in Favre and now one of the top QBs in Rodgers you should expect to win the division or go to the playoffs, if you think otherwise your a f***ing idiot. More often than not the best QBs in the league will keep their teams in playoff contention.

Since you conveniently picked the 2000s, wonder why....

Playoff Appearances: Bears 4/10 Packers 6 possibly 7/10

60/70% is pretty darn good/often imo, more than 4.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 11:37 AM)
I watched both Detroit/Green Bay games and you guys were far from dominating them...just saying.

This has nothing to do with the CHI/GB game he mentioned.

But as I recall the Bears weren't either, some could say you should have lost week 1 and had the Lions not fallen apart in the 2nd half or blown that final drive you might have lost aga

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 12:52 PM)
I think Lovie is gonna bring out the starters and see how things go. If the game gets out of hand by either team he pulls them.

He already said he was starting them, obviously if things get out of hand players will be pulled. Still it isn't like he is going to tell Bears fans hes resting their players vs their rival, last thing Bears fans want is for the Packers to have an easier shot at making the playoffs.

Edited by ChWRoCk2