Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 12:16 PM)
I like St. Louis and Pittsburgh. I know Belichick generally doesn't sub players, but I think losing Welker last year might make him rethink his philosophy on that, perhaps playing them for a quarter or a half. Plus, this seems like a game Miami can win just because they've underperformed all year. I also can't trust Houston's defense, no matter who is in the backfield, both at QB and HB for Jacksonville.

With regards to Pittsburgh, they have to win, so they are going to play their ass off and they're playing a very mediocre Browns team. I don't think McCoy can beat them, so as long as they stop Hillis, they'll be fine. And with regards to St. Louis that's a must win game for both teams, but the Seahawks backfrield is absolute garbage, Hasselbeck is mediocre now a days and won't be 100% if he does play, and Whitehurst is absolute garbage if Hasselbeck is out. St. Louis is ismply a better team.

Yeah, I agree, it's kind of a crapshoot all-around this week.

Hillis is active but isn't going to play much it doesn't look like.

Houston is the biggest wild card for me, since they find a way to lose every week, but I am going with them simply because Edwards is bad and the Jacksonville secondary is horrific.

I hope NE plays their starters for more than a quarter and a half!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
Roethlisberger might well have uncorked the best throw I've seen all year to start off that game.

Yeah, that was a thing of beauty. The other thing is the safety came over but got inexplicably turned around and took himself out of the play.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 01:44 PM)
Yeah, that was a thing of beauty. The other thing is the safety came over but got inexplicably turned around and took himself out of the play.

Good news for you, the Browns don't care about winning this game. They just proved it with that field goal; Mangini just didn't want the shutout on his record for the year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
Good news for you, the Browns don't care about winning this game. They just proved it with that field goal; Mangini just didn't want the shutout on his record for the year.

I would have rather they went for it, actually. That entire drive was lucky play after lucky play. I would have taken my chances on one play from the 2.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 01:54 PM)
Looks like the Bears game won't mean much. Atlanta's destroying Carolina.

Carolina could beat Atlanta and the Bears would still need the Bucs to win to gain overall 1 seed.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)
Practicing game situations.

Or maybe the field is bad and they don't want to mess around with the kicking game. It was 4th and 16 and they ran it. Or else maybe they think kicking the field goal would be running up the score and they would just give them the ball back instead.

Crap, I dunno.