Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 07:45 AM)
Because we all know the Bears will pay two guys $15 million a year, or more...

Kapman would be Plan B. Bears are going to go hard after Peppers and if they can't get him, they'll go for Kapman. Its a great plan, but plenty of other teams will go for Peppers too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 09:45 AM)
Because we all know the Bears will pay two guys $15 million a year, or more...

Apparently Jerry and Lovie are in total job/ass saving mode, so one of the two will probably be a strong possibility. Not both though

Oh goodie, another contentious CBA issue for the NFL.

The NFL has proposed to the players association the plan to use blood tests for HGH, according to a report in The Washington Post.

The union, however, remains opposed to the idea of the players undergoing blood testing.

Go owners. Push that one hard. You have my support.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 12:10 AM)
Supposedly the Bears top target in free agency is Julius Peppers with Aaron Kampman as a backup. Saw it on roto. Have fun.

Yep.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Be...?urn=nfl,224421

I like the idea. Now if they can get a couple of OL, a few DBs and a stud WR, we're getting somewhere.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 04:27 PM)
Per Rotoworld, talks around the combine is that Greg Olsen is on the block. One rumored trade would be to the Patriots for one of their 3 second rounders. Bears would then look into signing Brandon Manumaleuna

I can't help but to think that's a HUGE mistake. The entire staff will be gone in a season, so you're going to trade Olsen for a 2nd because Mike freakin' Martz wants a 300 points tight end.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
I can't help but to think that's a HUGE mistake. The entire staff will be gone in a season, so you're going to trade Olsen for a 2nd because Mike freakin' Martz wants a 300 points tight end.

I have to agree with this. I'd rather have Olsen's development as far as blocking take a step back and have him as a WR occasinal TE set, than to trade him, and get older. I'd rather trade Hester if I had to choose, but I'm sure this org. won't do that.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 06:50 PM)
I have to agree with this. I'd rather have Olsen's development as far as blocking take a step back and have him as a WR occasinal TE set, than to trade him, and get older. I'd rather trade Hester if I had to choose, but I'm sure this org. won't do that.

Although I've been the one saying "if you look at the numbers, Olsen is actually a pretty good TE", I wonder if there's behind-the-scenes stuff that would motivate that.

The Bears should definetly bring back Mike Brown at saftey, we could pick him up for virtually nothing and he had a solid year with a terrible defense in kc last year. Safety is our most glaring need on the defensive side of the ball, and he was the heart and soul of defense for many years

QUOTE (AJUribe @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
The Bears should definetly bring back Mike Brown at saftey, we could pick him up for virtually nothing and he had a solid year with a terrible defense in kc last year. Safety is our most glaring need on the defensive side of the ball, and he was the heart and soul of defense for many years

I think that ship has sailed. I'd love to bring him back in some capacity, but not as a starting safety. There are fat better options out there in Rhodes, Rolle, Sharper. I still like Payne at SS and if you bring in a good FS who can play coverage and get to the ball, then you make your secondary a ton better.

Well Ive never really forgiven Olsen for the 3 fumble day 2 seasons ago, and he has never become the dominant TE that people imagined he could be.

Im a fan of Kellen Davis and some of the other Bears TE's, so if they could cash in on Olsen and improve the rest of the team, I wouldnt necessarily be against it. Not to mention our offensive line may not give as many sacks up if they have a te who can block.

Some change needs to happen.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 08:34 AM)
Per nbcchicago.com, Peggy Kusinski says that Greg Olsen has quitely put Drew Rosenhaus into "trade request mode" becuase he is not happy about Martz. This could suck

I actually think I'm a-ok with moving Olsen. I like Dez Clark, I like Kellen Davis and I think the Bears will be okay and the value we could get by having a 2nd rounder could be huge, imo.

I realize Olsen is solid but he won't be elite and given our oline problems I think it would be huge to have a TE that can block a bit. I feel that a good 2nd rounder would be fair value and a good deal.