Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 09:44 AM)
You just got one since there is now about a 99.8 percent chance your must win game Sunday will be meaningless for the opponent. You've also got a few important questionable calls that have gone your way from the officials in games this season. But I'll ignore that, because obviously you're not 9-6 and fighting for a wild card because you can't run the ball, took 18 penalties in a key game against the team that won your division, and have losses to 5-10 Detroit, 7-8 Miami, and 6-9 Washington. You're 9-6 because of injuries, mystique and voodoo, God liking the Bears more, and so on.

:notworthy

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What questionable calls?

The Packers are 9-6 because they have had 16 players put on IR. You can discount injuries all you want, but if the Bears or alot of other teams lost as many players as the Packers they would be in last place.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
What questionable calls?

The Packers are 9-6 because they have had 16 players put on IR. You can discount injuries all you want, but if the Bears or alot of other teams lost as many players as the Packers they would be in last place.

The Bears have been in that position and the fans were told we couldn't use injuries as an excuse because it is football and injuries happen.

Too bad, so sad.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 10:36 AM)
The Bears have been in that position and the fans were told we couldn't use injuries as an excuse because it is football and injuries happen.

Too bad, so sad.

I always tell anyone who'll listen that we lost that SB a few years ago because we lost Mike Brown and Tommie Harris

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 12:14 PM)
I always tell anyone who'll listen that we lost that SB a few years ago because we lost Mike Brown and Tommie Harris

Although you've got that in color, it could well have been entirely true. The Bears lost their best pass rusher and their run-stopping, ball-hawking safety, and they wound up losing the super bowl because they couldn't stop the run or generate pressure on Manning.

Anyone that thinks the Bears need to play their starters because they owe it to the Giants needs to have their head examined.

The Giants could not help themselves last week against...........Green Bay. Tampa Bay on the other hand will lose at noon to the Saints and then it is not an issue.

If the Giants beat Green Bay just last week, this isn't like week 4 or something like that, they would not need the Bears help.

Sit Forte, Urlacher, Briggs, Peppers and Hester (on returns).

Play max protect and blitz and throw in everything you can on defense to create an illusion that you have a better scheme than the Cover 2, and call it a day.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
What questionable calls?

bears fans saying packers have gotten calls go their way? ha

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 11:14 AM)

You might have that in green, but I firmly believe the Bears would have won that game with those two healthy. But, injuries are apart of the game and good teams fight through them.

HA! This is great:

Hester Rewards His Blockers With Remote-Control Cars

Some quarterbacks take their lineman out to dinner after for keeping them protected during a game. Running backs have been known to buy their lineman watches after a 1,000-yard season.

But for setting the NFL’s all-time return TD record, Devin Hester’s blockers got something different.

According to Vaughn McClure, of the Chicago Tribune, Hester bought 14 remote-control cars and helicopters for his special-teams teammates.

Hester set the NFL record in the December 20th game against the Minnesota Vikings on a 64-yard punt return.

While they might not have been gold watches or an expensive dinner, it seems as if the recipients of Hester’s gifts were appreciative.

“I loved it, but I can’t figure mine out, though,” Rashied Davis told McClure. “I got a remote-control gas car, and I broke it.”

Hester was quite emotional in his post-game press conference after the Vikings game. He expressed his appreciation for all those who have blocked for him and wanted them to receive as much credit and publicity as he was.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 04:25 PM)
I really, really hope we beat the Packers this week. Because if we don't, I think the Packers will beat the Eagles and the Bears will be playing the Saints in that first playoff game.

Would much rather play the Eagles than the Saints.

Saints on the road in January don't scare me.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 05:27 PM)
Saints on the road in January don't scare me.

They do me...I don't worry about the Saints because of their offense...I think the Saints/Packers/Eagles all have elite offenses. I worry more because of their defense. The Saints and Packers have very good defenses. The Eagles, especially since Assante Samuel has been banged-ed up, do not.

I'd much rather face an Eagles/Falcons road to the Super Bowl than have to mess around with the Saints and Packers...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 05:30 PM)
They do me...I don't worry about the Saints because of their offense...I think the Saints/Packers/Eagles all have elite offenses. I worry more because of their defense. The Saints and Packers have very good defenses. The Eagles, especially since Assante Samuel has been banged-ed up, do not.

I'd much rather face an Eagles/Falcons road to the Super Bowl than have to mess around with the Saints and Packers...

I think he's talking about the Saints offense versus the December Lake Michigan.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 05:30 PM)

I'm not picking on you, but in general, I hate posts like these. If you want to win the Super Bowl, you're going to have to beat the best teams. This is the playoffs. You can't be afraid anybody. I say bring on the Saints. They won it last year, it goes through them.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
I'm not picking on you, but in general, I hate posts like these. If you want to win the Super Bowl, you're going to have to beat the best teams. This is the playoffs. You can't be afraid anybody. I say bring on the Saints. They won it last year, it goes through them.

Huh?

I can feel the machismo leaking out of your brain.

I don't care if you hate the post or not, and I don't care how "manly" you want to be about it. I want to play the teams the Bears match up the best with. You can say you want to go the toughest route all day long, but the only thing that does is increase our chances of losing.

No one ever remembers the road a team took to win the Super Bowl...they only remember who won the Super Bowl.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 29, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
I think he's talking about the Saints offense versus the December Lake Michigan.

I know he was, but come on now, the Saints aren't going to shrivel up and die because of the cold. They played well offensively in the NFC Championship game in Soldier Field January of 06'. The difference was, their defense was a bit suspect then. Well, it isn't anymore.