Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 07:33 PM)
NEW Michelle Ryan photos (Kinda NSFW).

Uh-oh. . . That guy sure doesn't look like Rex Ryan. He actually looks a little like Revis Island.

Haha...I love how he just rolled with it though and didn't try to deny it. Now everyone is just thinking "well, whatever floats your boat." What the guy wants to do in his personal life is fine by me, as long as he isn't hurting anyone. And props to him for owning up to it.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 11:02 AM)
REALLY? The packers have been one of the unluckiest teams in football this year. If any team in the NFL (definately including the bears in this one) were to lose their starting RB one of the top 2 CB on their roster at the time (Al Harris), their 2nd best reciever (donald driver missed a few games) their top TE for the season (Finley), Nick Barnett going down for the season, their defensive line has been banged up all season, not to mention aaron rodgers got a concussion in that detroit game so it was Matt Flynn against the 3rd string QB in the 2nd half of that game

Anyone who suggests the Bears are the superior of the two teams are crazy, i know they cant control who they play but their strength of schedule was horrible

Detroit is a far better team then they were at the beginning of the season when they should have beat the bears week one if the ref didnt blow the calvin johnson touchdown...

If Vick started the whole game Im sure the packers would have went into the game with a different gameplan on defense....

4 of the 6 losses GB has had has been by a field goal in OT or right at the end of regulation to end the game. The other 2 games have been lost by 4 pts...talk about the "breaks" the packers have got...jeez

Why do people talk about strength of schedule? THEY PLAY 12 GAMES AGAINST THE EXACT SAME TEAMS, 2 against each other, and then only 2 come from last year's schedule. GB played ATL while the Bears played Carolina, that's about the only game that was different since the whole NFCW sucks (Bears gave their game vs. Seattle away).

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 03:52 PM)
When did I ever mention "super bowls" or the term "decade"? Please show me. Since I was born GB has been more successful and that is all I'm referring to, shall we take a look at the 90s? Because I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want me to. This is a pointless argument altogether when we could go back and forth picking random dates where one team was better than the other, and no I'm not saying you were better in the 2000s.

I don't give a s*** that you were the last to make it to the Super Bowl you prick, did you win? Now remind me, who was the last NFC North team to make it to the Super Bowl and win because I forget?

I don't visit any other forum than this one, I have better things to do. Why shouldn't they go into the season thinking they are going to win it? When you have one of the best QBs of all time in Favre and now one of the top QBs in Rodgers you should expect to win the division or go to the playoffs, if you think otherwise your a f***ing idiot. More often than not the best QBs in the league will keep their teams in playoff contention.

Since you conveniently picked the 2000s, wonder why....

Playoff Appearances: Bears 4/10 Packers 6 possibly 7/10

60/70% is pretty darn good/often imo, more than 4.

Well, since I was born, the Bears have been more successful, I'm guessing I'm older than you, I remember the ownage we had over the Pack from the mid 70's to the early 90's but anyways, whatever dude, go ahead and believe the Packers are vastly superior to the Bears in every which way, shape and form...in my lifetime you guys have had 2 SB appearances and won 1...same as us.

I mentioned the 2000's since it's relatively recent history, that's all.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 11:03 AM)
News out of Houston seems to suggest that they'll be retaining Gary Kubiak for 1 more season but replacing their DC with Wade Phillips.

That's been a big deal on talk radio around here (I'm in Houston) the last few days. I'm very surprised Kubiak seems to be staying as HC, as are most people. There is ZERO reason, whatsoever, that the Texans shouldn't have made the playoffs this year. They have boatloads of talent at multiple positions (except a weak secondary), so I think it's a poor coaching job by Kubiak.

A team with a Pro Bowl caliber QB, RB, WR, TE (when healthy) and a solid O-line on offense should simply dominate. Plus, you have individuals on defense who are damn good as well - Mario Williams, Ryans (of course he missed 10 games), Cushing, Okoye. They need to add a few guys to their secondary, but other than that, this team could be very good.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 12:54 PM)
That's been a big deal on talk radio around here (I'm in Houston) the last few days. I'm very surprised Kubiak seems to be staying as HC, as are most people. There is ZERO reason, whatsoever, that the Texans shouldn't have made the playoffs this year. They have boatloads of talent at multiple positions (except a weak secondary), so I think it's a poor coaching job by Kubiak.

A team with a Pro Bowl caliber QB, RB, WR, TE (when healthy) and a solid O-line on offense should simply dominate. Plus, you have individuals on defense who are damn good as well - Mario Williams, Ryans (of course he missed 10 games), Cushing, Okoye. They need to add a few guys to their secondary, but other than that, this team could be very good.

How did Slaton fall out of favor so quickly? I was shocked that he went from all-purpose back to a no one so quickly.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
That's been a big deal on talk radio around here (I'm in Houston) the last few days. I'm very surprised Kubiak seems to be staying as HC, as are most people.

I'll lay you at least 75/25 that in an alternate universe where there's already been a labor agreement reached, he loses that job.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
Maybe I should have gone to 77/23 just to make it so you couldn't correct me. Anyway, reason #77 why i don't gamble.

Turnabout is fair play, my friend.

And had you said 77/23, I wouldn't have thougt you had done anything other than calculated those odds precisely...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 06:32 PM)
He's not going to be without a job for long.

No he wont. I dont know if he will be a HC immediately, I actually think he may step back into the DC role for a few years and build his name back up and then get a really good HC position. Who knows though, maybe Dallas makes a play.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 08:04 PM)
No he wont. I dont know if he will be a HC immediately, I actually think he may step back into the DC role for a few years and build his name back up and then get a really good HC position. Who knows though, maybe Dallas makes a play.

I dont think he needs to build his name up at all.

I dont know if he coaches next year but he might sit out 2011 and try to wait out Coughlin,Carroll,Turner.

Maybe Houston makes a run at him.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 06:32 PM)
He's not going to be without a job for long.

I think he did a great job with Panthers, several playoff berths and a Super Bowl trip with Jake f***ing Delhomme. Take away this joke of a year and he went 76-60 with them.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 1, 2011 -> 03:52 AM)
I think he did a great job with Panthers, several playoff berths and a Super Bowl trip with Jake f***ing Delhomme. Take away this joke of a year and he went 76-60 with them.

If Lovie were to make the playoffs this year, but then in 2013 fielded a 3-13 team, that'd be a roughly similar situation.