Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 1, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
Well if Kubiak and company f*** up again, then you go to a completely new coaching staff.

It's sorta the scenario with Martz and the Bears this year...if the HC was removed, there'd be some reason to try to keep around the assistant.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 1, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)
If Lovie were to make the playoffs this year, but then in 2013 fielded a 3-13 team, that'd be a roughly similar situation.

Exactly, which is why I think he would have to make a mark as a DC for a year or two and then be ripe for the plucking for a good job down the line. And lets be honest, it seems like a "storied franchise" has an opening every year, i dont think Fox would end up in another Carolina situation where he would have to build from the ground up.

But like I said, he may very well end up in Dallas. He has a great reputation i think he is capable of taking another HC job immediately, just had a really bad year this year and sometimes that year or so off and jumping back into a DC or OC role for a team works out well for recently fired HCs.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 1, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)
Exactly, which is why I think he would have to make a mark as a DC for a year or two and then be ripe for the plucking for a good job down the line. And lets be honest, it seems like a "storied franchise" has an opening every year, i dont think Fox would end up in another Carolina situation where he would have to build from the ground up.

But like I said, he may very well end up in Dallas. He has a great reputation, just had a really bad year this year.

How much front office/decision making power has he had? A whole lot of their problems have centered around their lack of decisiveness at the QB position; giving DelHomme a ton of money then cutting him a year later, not setting up any sort of succession for that guy, etc.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 1, 2011 -> 07:13 PM)
are you calling me an asshole or are you implying you want to lick her asshole? haha

He can't imply that til he actually gets to see it, which is what I believe he was actually implying.

Go Seahawks! I'm torn. I want them to win and make the playoffs, but they will get murdered in the first round and will have the stigma of being the first losing team to make the playoffs. On top of all that, they would lose serious draft position and it is critical for Seattle to draft a franchise QB this year. I want Ryan Mallett, and I don't think he'll fall to 21 or later. Picking at 10 or 11 would be better for the Seahawks in the rebuilding process that they are going through.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 1, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)
I know you warned and all, but no way.

thats cool, I understand.

I guess I could have just vaguely described the pics and anyone with half a brain can use google.

Sorry about that.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 01:45 AM)
thats cool, I understand.

I guess I could have just vaguely described the pics and anyone with half a brain can use google.

Sorry about that.

Its all right. If I was really upset, it wouldn't have just been a warning.

first off, how the hell did Rex and Michelle Ryan NOT know that these pictures would eventually be shown to the entire world?

Second off, how the hell did it last THIS LONG before they were shown to the entire world?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 10:03 AM)
Plays today are:

New England - 5

Pittsburgh -6

Houston -3

St Louis -3

Hopefully I will do a little better than last week's 1-5 or whatever :)

I was watching the lines this week and I think this is a very tough week. A lot of lines moved between last night and this morning.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 11:50 AM)
I was watching the lines this week and I think this is a very tough week. A lot of lines moved between last night and this morning.

Yeah, it definitely is. Didn't bet a whole lot this week.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 09:03 AM)
Plays today are:

New England - 5

Pittsburgh -6

Houston -3

St Louis -3

Hopefully I will do a little better than last week's 1-5 or whatever :)

I like St. Louis and Pittsburgh. I know Belichick generally doesn't sub players, but I think losing Welker last year might make him rethink his philosophy on that, perhaps playing them for a quarter or a half. Plus, this seems like a game Miami can win just because they've underperformed all year. I also can't trust Houston's defense, no matter who is in the backfield, both at QB and HB for Jacksonville.

With regards to Pittsburgh, they have to win, so they are going to play their ass off and they're playing a very mediocre Browns team. I don't think McCoy can beat them, so as long as they stop Hillis, they'll be fine. And with regards to St. Louis that's a must win game for both teams, but the Seahawks backfrield is absolute garbage, Hasselbeck is mediocre now a days and won't be 100% if he does play, and Whitehurst is absolute garbage if Hasselbeck is out. St. Louis is ismply a better team.

Big money day for me today. I'm fourth place in an 18 person confidence pickem league, just 13 points out of first. $30 buy in, and I've won one week for $10. First place gets $100, 2nd - $75 and 3rd $50. Fourth gets $25.

Needless to say, I'm rooting for a lot of teams today. :P