Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 05:17 PM)
What does Lovie do for the second half? Bears clearly playing well enough to beat Packers. So does he let the starters leave with confidence or does he risk that let them try to win the game? Very interesting.

I think you really have to try and keep them from making the playoffs. As long as the game is close or we are winning, keep them in. Fine if you want to stay conservative, but keep trying to win.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 05:17 PM)
What does Lovie do for the second half? Bears clearly playing well enough to beat Packers. So does he let the starters leave with confidence or does he risk that let them try to win the game? Very interesting.

Keep your foot on the gas.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 05:19 PM)
I think you really have to try and keep them from making the playoffs. As long as the game is close or we are winning, keep them in. Fine if you want to stay conservative, but keep trying to win.

Anything that happens to GB here is a side-effect. As LF said, the Bears need the reps, and that ought to be priority #1.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
Keep your foot on the gas.

I agree.

You have an opportunity to take out a good team before the playoffs start, you do that. I would rather have the Giants in, versus the Packers. The packers have a better D and more offensive weapons.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 05:22 PM)
I agree.

You have an opportunity to take out a good team before the playoffs start, you do that. I would rather have the Giants in, versus the Packers. The packers have a better D and more offensive weapons.

I dunno, I think the Giants have just about as many weapons (much much stronger running game) and a defense that certainly can hang with the packers, if that line plays together.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
I dunno, I think the Giants have just about as many weapons (much much stronger running game) and a defense that certainly can hang with the packers, if that line plays together.

To me the teams are quite similar, so it comes down to Eli v. Rodgers. And there is no doubt about that.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
To me the teams are quite similar, so it comes down to Eli v. Rodgers. And there is no doubt about that.

I'd say it comes down to Eli + the Giants running game vs. Rogers and the Packers passing game, and that one, I dunno.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)

The Giants have Smith and Manningham out for the season, don't they?