Insanity

SoxAce

Crazy ass day. Did Cardio Power & Resistance yesterday. Thought it can't get worse than that tomorrow. Then of course I do pure Cardio today. :angry: I'm proud of myself though. Did way more stuff this week and I did last, as I noticed my endurance is up and my will power is up. Still hard as s*** though (not to mention I've been cheating with junk food) but I'm proud as my sister's boyfriend gave up :lol: (gonna do the eliptical) so it's just me and my sis (who I'm proud of as well even though she's struggling) I got Cardio Circuit tomorrow. :( Up to Day 8. (Day 9 tomorrow)

Only thing I love doing and like to see on that calender... the cardio/max recovery workout. :) By far the easiest though you are still stretching your ass off and STILL sweating. :o

Day 11 completed. On to cardio and resistance tomorrow... ugh... :( (though I'm in better shape already... so... :))

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 7, 2010 -> 12:37 AM)
Only thing I love doing and like to see on that calender... the cardio/max recovery workout. :) By far the easiest though you are still stretching your ass off and STILL sweating. :o

Day 11 completed. On to cardio and resistance tomorrow... ugh... :( (though I'm in better shape already... so... :))

Cardio balance is ok, still burns the s*** out of your legs though. I love the feeling after the warmup when you go into some stretching and the sweat is pouring off of you already like you jumped out of the pool.

Two weeks in and did the Fit test once again yesterday which is what I first started Insanity with. Even though I had 2 very sore knees (for some reason the day off yesterday really had me feeling the soreness today) I jumped almost 20+ on each exercise (minus the last 2 cause of fatigue mostly) from then to now. :) Feel real proud of myself and my sis and her bf who also did very well.

Cardio Circuit tomorrow and I will be eating a greasy philly cheese steak as a celebration, so I will probably struggle my ass off burning that off. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ May 26, 2010 -> 01:30 AM)
Been thinking of trying Insanity out, can anyone who has done this give me some background and how it has worked out for you??

Its extremely hard and I'd recommend P90X as a stepping stone to this. The circuit training on these videos will wipe out even a very good athlete.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 11, 2010 -> 12:27 AM)
Two weeks in and did the Fit test once again yesterday which is what I first started Insanity with. Even though I had 2 very sore knees (for some reason the day off yesterday really had me feeling the soreness today) I jumped almost 20+ on each exercise (minus the last 2 cause of fatigue mostly) from then to now. :) Feel real proud of myself and my sis and her bf who also did very well.

Cardio Circuit tomorrow and I will be eating a greasy philly cheese steak as a celebration, so I will probably struggle my ass off burning that off. :lol:

The second day is always the worst.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 26, 2010 -> 02:57 PM)
The second day is always the worst.

Your absolutely right. Felt it yesterday (off day) for sure, though I think I over-stretched a bit in the groin which limited me.

Tonight I start the Fit Test MAX Interval circuit (gonna be Max everything from here on out) so I'm nervous as all hell to see how I stack up.

• 4 weeks later...

Well... I've slacked off for about 5 days so I just got back into the program. This week is suppose to be my last week on the Insanity program, but I will probably do an extra week to kind of balance out the days I've missed. No doubt this program has changed my body and life entirely. Still got some work to do after it is said and done, but I really like the results I'm seeing. This is truly an Insane program. You think P90X is hard, try doing this program and living to tell about it. (not "literally" of course, but thats how crazy it is)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
Well... I've slacked off for about 5 days so I just got back into the program. This week is suppose to be my last week on the Insanity program, but I will probably do an extra week to kind of balance out the days I've missed. No doubt this program has changed my body and life entirely. Still got some work to do after it is said and done, but I really like the results I'm seeing. This is truly an Insane program. You think P90X is hard, try doing this program and living to tell about it. (not "literally" of course, but thats how crazy it is)

G,

How much work does it do on your upper body and back?

I've considered trying Insanity, but I just don't really see the need for it. I'm in pretty solid shape and don't really care to get any thinner, because I know I won't maintain it.

I'm not going to bust my ass to get to like 7% body fat only to eventually go back to the mid teens anyways.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 11:53 PM)
G,

It fluctuates on different days. Some days your working on your upper body and others on the lower etc.. I mean it is hard, but it is at your own pace on what you do, but you have to keep up. It is good sores you get from it, not painful ones (well.. I had painful ones as I landed on my feet wrong on some exercises or did some wrong and such). I can't say if it's as similar as P90X as I've only seen a couple of programs from it, but you will be tired... to the Max. I'm sure Rock can also get some good feedback as he is currently doing both. I like how he said a few post up to use P90X as a stepping stone to this program. I didn't of course, but I'm hung in there and I haven't been in this good of a shape since my senior year in high school. (though I'm much stronger, but still more fat and still have to work it off) I mean it is just a ridiculous program and you really have to man up to do it.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 11:53 PM)
G,

I've considered trying Insanity, but I just don't really see the need for it. I'm in pretty solid shape and don't really care to get any thinner, because I know I won't maintain it.

I'm not going to bust my ass to get to like 7% body fat only to eventually go back to the mid teens anyways.

Insanity is MUCH more cardio, if you dont need to lean out, you dont need it. It's a f***ing impossible cardio workout coupled with resistance circuit training. I've given it to several people who are marathoners etc, and they have a real hard time with it as well.