Soxtalk Keeper 1 Thread

knightni

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 19, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
I wouldn't mind shrinking the league. That could liven things up a bit for the draft.

I agree. If we have to go 10 then fine. I've left some PMs for a few people and gotten no response back. I'm done recruiting. Teams like mine and Steve's have a pretty sizable advantage over the rest of the field. 10 teams would give those with lesser keepers a better chance to catch up.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 20, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
Those should've been your keepers all along. I wanted to say something but I didn't want you to come to your senses. Lol.

I've been meaning to do it for a while now, but I've been on the road for work for pretty much the whole month of March.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 21, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)
If it's no trouble, can you list all the keepers in one post so I/we know exactly the pool of talent that we have to choose from? When you get a chance, of course.

Yeah, it'll be a while though.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 11, 2011 -> 04:54 PM)
You have to take at least two hitters.

For now, I'm going to allow this since Buchholz is rated 159th anyways. The main point was because everyone wanted you to have to keep at least two pitchers so you can't just keep four awesome hitters.

I'll still try to get a hold of Tru to try to get him to fix it.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 21, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
For now, I'm going to allow this since Buchholz is rated 159th anyways. The main point was because everyone wanted you to have to keep at least two pitchers so you can't just keep four awesome hitters.

I'll still try to get a hold of Tru to try to get him to fix it.

Yeah, I don't want to sound like a whiny girl. But it's been clear for a while that it was 2 hitters, 2 pitchers, 1 whatever. If you're to allow 4 pitchers then you would have to allow 4 hitters, no? I don't make the trade with steve if I can keep 4 hitters and 1 pitcher.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 21, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
Yeah, I don't want to sound like a whiny girl. But it's been clear for a while that it was 2 hitters, 2 pitchers, 1 whatever. If you're to allow 4 pitchers then you would have to allow 4 hitters, no? I don't make the trade with steve if I can keep 4 hitters and 1 pitcher.

It's not really the same thing, you and I both know it. There are maybe 6 pitchers that should go in the first four rounds of a 10 team draft, which is why we set those rules to give them a bit more value. If he tried to keep four hitters, I'd probably manually change it. If he really wants to keep Buchholz over someone like Ichiro or Uggla, I don't have as big a problem with it as if I wanted to drop Brett Anderson for Andrew McCutcheon (who I'm keeping now anyways with Utley's knee issues, but it's just an example).

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 21, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
It's not really the same thing, you and I both know it. There are maybe 6 pitchers that should go in the first four rounds of a 10 team draft, which is why we set those rules to give them a bit more value. If he tried to keep four hitters, I'd probably manually change it. If he really wants to keep Buchholz over someone like Ichiro or Uggla, I don't have as big a problem with it as if I wanted to drop Brett Anderson for Andrew McCutcheon (who I'm keeping now anyways with Utley's knee issues, but it's just an example).

I guess. I'm just saying the rules were clear. I mean what if he had Felix, Kershaw, Lester and Verlander? It seems like you're saying that since Buchholz isn't that good that's it's OK. But I'm not going to make a stink about this. I'm fine if you allow it.

Oh, and here is the list of keepers as entered (please double-check, and by the way, you can also look on the site):

ZoomSlowik

Hanley Ramirez

Mark Teixeira

Andrew McCutchen

Dan Haren

Brett Anderson

Flairs

Prince Fielder

Buster Posey

Yovanni Gallardo

Tommy Hanson

Ubaldo Jiminez

Asshat

Matt Holliday

Joe Mauer

Jimmy Rollins

Chris Carpenter

Josh Johnson

Shiznit

Ryan Howard

Felix Hernandez

Justin Verlander

Jon Lester

Ichiro Suzuki (edit)

Time for Teahen

David Wright

Justin Upton

Hunter Pence

Roy Halladay

Cole Hamels

Drunk Chimps

Joey Votto

Josh Hamilton

Matt Kemp

Tim Lincecum

Matt Cain

Brian Simmons

Alex Rodriguez

Jason Heyward

Cliff Lee

Neftali Feliz

Francisco Liriano

Knightni

Adrian Gonzalez

Adam Dunn

Alex Rios

Matt Latos

Ricky Romero

Jason Heyward (the team)

Albert Pujols

Troy Tulowitzki

Robinson Cano

Clayton Kershaw

David Price

Sticky Steve

Carlos Gonzalez

Ryan Braun

Miguel Cabrera

CC Sabathia

Matt Garza

Edited by ZoomSlowik

• 5 months later...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to defeat TRU this week. I want that bum Steve. I'm still pissed off about last year. Dumbass tiebreaker rules. Oh, I'm straight if you guys want to reset this thing for next year. This is too damn easy. When you're starting off with like 5 of the top 20 players in fantasy, all you have to do is show up for the draft and have a baseball IQ above Hawk Harrelson. I even had multiple intervals in which I didn't set my lineups for weeks at a time and I still kinda dominated.

• 3 weeks later...

A new keeper league is where you can draft new guys. Players come and go every year... draft someone new who is going to become a stud this year!

Again, I don't understand the purpose of a keeper league when it just resets. If it does reset, you can count me out.

• 4 months later...
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 12:18 AM)
Renewed.

Yahoo set it up so you can select your own keepers from last year's roster, so I figured I'd see how that works.

You all should know the rules, 2 hitters/2 pitchers/1 wildcard.

As of right now:

1. Adrian Gonzalez

2. Adrian Beltre

1. Mariano Rivera

2. Ian Kennedy

WC. Dan Uggla

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 02:36 AM)
As of right now:

1. Adrian Gonzalez

2. Adrian Beltre

1. Mariano Rivera

2. Ian Kennedy

WC. Dan Uggla

I have too many hitters to keep and only 1 pither, Cliff Lee, who I'd keep. So someone send me an offer for a pitcher. Hardest guys to pry from me would be stanton and jennings, but I'll consider anything for the right offer. Here's my team:

Mike Stanton

Nelson Cruz

Pablo Sandoval

Desmond Jennings

Elvis Andrus

A-Rod

Aramis Ramirez

Jason Heyward

Danny Espinosa

Melky Cabrera

Mike Trout

V-Mart