Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 11:45 AM)
At blockbuster last night the guy at the counter said to me "if Avatar wins the best picture award, I am never watching the Oscars agains." And then proceeded to recommend I rent The Time Travelers wife.

LMAO!!!! That is awesome. You should of given him s***

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
I'm probably the last guy on earth who didn't watch Avatar until last night and it kinda sucked but the special effects were amazing...it reminded me of Dances With Wolves for some reason.

I haven't seen it yet.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
I'm probably the last guy on earth who didn't watch Avatar until last night and it kinda sucked but the special effects were amazing...it reminded me of Dances With Wolves for some reason.

A LOT of critics said it shared the same themes as Dances With Wolves.

Yea, lol...I googled Avatar similar to Dances with Wolves and got a lot of hits...I was as high as a kite when I watched it with my brother and I told him of the similarities and noticed Wes Studi's voice was in Avatar and he played a Native American in DWWs...

Don't watch entertainment tonight type shows nor do I read critic's reviews so I didn't realize it was out there.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)
Yea, lol...I googled Avatar similar to Dances with Wolves and got a lot of hits...I was as high as a kite when I watched it with my brother and I told him of the similarities and noticed Wes Studi's voice was in Avatar and he played a Native American in DWWs...

Don't watch entertainment tonight type shows nor do I read critic's reviews so I didn't realize it was out there.

That's not saying much. In any movie that requires a Native American, you will find Wes Studi. Graham Greene is probably the second person on that list.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)
That's not saying much. In any movie that requires a Native American, you will find Wes Studi. Graham Greene is probably the second person on that list.

On that same note, any movie that needs a Mexican-American, it's always Cheech Marin or Edward James Olmos...

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 12:08 AM)
I watched it as a preview for Alice in Wonderland in Imax 3D. You can bet your ass I am seeing this movie in Imax 3D

I am looking forward to this movie as much as any other coming out this year along with Iron Man 2, Toy Story 3, and possibly Inception. And even though I feel like I am the only one my age who has seen Tron most of my friends are really excited about it as well since I have forced the trailer, teasers and the other clips on them.