Films Thread

knightni

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 07:16 PM)
Not sure where to put this but I just watched the series Firefly and the following movie Serenity.

Im hooked and sad that I never saw it when it came out.

I found the entire season on DVD at Goodwill of all places, for only $10.

It goes with my free Swaptree acquired copy of Serenity.

/I'm cheap

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 06:16 PM)
Not sure where to put this but I just watched the series Firefly and the following movie Serenity.

Im hooked and sad that I never saw it when it came out.

Fantastic series.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)
Wish Firefly was streaming online through Netflix. Would like to of see it.

Obviously one of those great shows that lasted only 1 season.

Last I checked, Firefly was streaming. Unless you mean Serenity.

And if you didn't enjoy Scott Pilgrim, then I'm incredibly sorry for you and you obviously missed the point. It's a fun movie, and damn near impossible not to enjoy. Same goes for Kick-Ass, for that matter.

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 12:28 AM)
Fantastic series.

Last I checked, Firefly was streaming. Unless you mean Serenity.

And if you didn't enjoy Scott Pilgrim, then I'm incredibly sorry for you and you obviously missed the point. It's a fun movie, and damn near impossible not to enjoy. Same goes for Kick-Ass, for that matter.

Spoilers ahoy (not that it matters):

You know what it is? They just don't like fun. There, I said it. Anyone who doesn't enjoy Scott Pilgrim just straight up HATES fun and I find that sad. Why would you hate fun? Fun is awesome and Scott Pilgrim = fun. Oh Chris Evans did a grind on a rail for a full minute the burst into coins and that vegan guy had a plate of chicken parm. and lost his vegan powers because of it and then burst into coins, Scott Pilgrim earned the power of love and self respect then kicked the s*** out of Jason Schwartzman with the help of that cute Asian chick by the name of Knives. This isn't fun? It's the f***ing definition of the word fun god dammit.

I love how the word "hype" can be used to in conjunction with Scott Pilgrim vs The World: the movie made thirty one million at the box office, NO ONE saw it in theaters, it bombed. Congrats to those who didn't like the movie, not only do you hate fun but you're falling into the rank and file, I'm sure you loved Little Fockers which made as much in its opening weekend as Scott Pilgrim did TOTAL in the US despite being a steaming pile of s***.

It's amazing that an abomination like Transformers 2 can make $100M in its opening weekend and all 3 of Edgar Wrights' awesome movies made a grand total of $66M in the United States. Unbelievable.

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 01:28 AM)

I got the movie completely, doesn't mean I had to like it. I just couldn't stand how all over the place it was.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 02:04 AM)
Spoilers ahoy (not that it matters):

You know what it is? They just don't like fun. There, I said it. Anyone who doesn't enjoy Scott Pilgrim just straight up HATES fun and I find that sad. Why would you hate fun? Fun is awesome and Scott Pilgrim = fun. Oh Chris Evans did a grind on a rail for a full minute the burst into coins and that vegan guy had a plate of chicken parm. and lost his vegan powers because of it and then burst into coins, Scott Pilgrim earned the power of love and self respect then kicked the s*** out of Jason Schwartzman with the help of that cute Asian chick by the name of Knives. This isn't fun? It's the f***ing definition of the word fun god dammit.

I love how the word "hype" can be used to in conjunction with Scott Pilgrim vs The World: the movie made thirty one million at the box office, NO ONE saw it in theaters, it bombed. Congrats to those who didn't like the movie, not only do you hate fun but you're falling into the rank and file, I'm sure you loved Little Fockers which made as much in its opening weekend as Scott Pilgrim did TOTAL in the US despite being a steaming pile of s***.

It's amazing that an abomination like Transformers 2 can make $100M in its opening weekend and all 3 of Edgar Wrights' awesome movies made a grand total of $66M in the United States. Unbelievable.

I'm pretty offended by both of these posts. First of all, you couldn't pay me to go see Little Fockers. 2nd, I loved Hot fuzz, didn't see Shaun of the Dead.

I enjoyed a lot of things about Scott Pilgrim vs the World, and I certainly got it, I just didn't like it.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 31, 2010 -> 01:31 AM)
I got the movie completely, doesn't mean I had to like it. I just couldn't stand how all over the place it was.

I'm pretty offended by both of these posts. First of all, you couldn't pay me to go see Little Fockers. 2nd, I loved Hot fuzz, didn't see Shaun of the Dead.

I enjoyed a lot of things about Scott Pilgrim vs the World, and I certainly got it, I just didn't like it.

Don't be offended, it's all in good fun. First thing to do: see Shaun of Dead, it's a lot more like Hot Fuzz than Scott Pilgrim and if you enjoy that watch the British tv show "Spaced", this you may not like since it's kind of spastic but it stars Simon Pegg who is great, he was also the head writer on the show along with the female lead who had a cameo in Shaun of the Dead. Oh and stop hating fun.

Firefly was a fantastic series, we own the DVD's, and I can watch those episodes repeatedly. Too bad it got popular after it went off the air, and now all the actors are all over the place. I doubt that series can be ressurected.

And for the record, I like Scott Pilgrim a lot, and I agree with Kalapse that its only intention, really, was to be FUN. Its not supposed to be deep cinema, its just candy. I sort of feel the same way about Fifth Element in the sci-fi realm.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 30, 2010 -> 01:06 PM)
So my "to see" list right now is:

True Grit

The Fighter

Blue Valentine

The King's Speech

That movie was great. Colin Firth is pretty much a shoo-in for Best Actor, in my opinion. Firth, Geoffrey Rush, and Helena Bonham Carter are almost assured of nominations.