Unis

typewritermender

Anyone else think the Sox are long past due for a new uniform? I'm sick of these ones, they're so nineties and boring. Let's stick a little red back in there. I really like the old red pinstripes (from the 50s?). I know the linked SOX logo is a classic, so if that stays (maybe slightly reinvented) I'm okay with it. But how much longer are we gonna have to deal with these boring black alternates?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't disagree more. The current Sox unis are the best in baseball. We have a history of thousands of terrible uniform designs. We have found one that works. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

I agree that they wear the black alts WAAAY too much, but please do not touch the current unis.

Edited by OsweGo-Go Sox

Paul Lukas wrote about how they were overdue awhile ago...

...and I still disagree.

Changing for the sake of changing is a horrible idea, especially when we had to suffer through so much crap to get the classics we have now.

Also, I love the black jerseys.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 07:47 PM)
The black jerseys are the best of the bunch, imo.

I don't dislike them, but when it's half of the games, it's too much. I especially hate it when both teams on the field are wearing a solid color jersey. It just looks wrong, like it's a spring training game.

My opinion of the black jersey's has been stated by me for years. Personally I think they should abolish them. Only home whites and road grey. It's classy, and the Sox are an original team, no need for alternates...

If they do change them, they should make ones with this logo and a navy blue/white color scheme in general. A navy blue hat with the logo in white

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 02:25 AM)
There should be a time in the future where they wear each and every one of their past home and away jerseys as throwback days throughout a year. From 1901-now.

That would be seriously great.

Like a throw-back MONTH, a 'White Sox through the decades month'. I like that. Though I feel like the front office/marketers wouldn't agree to it because they can't make replicas of every single jersey worn, and they wouldn't want to trot out a jersey on the field that they can't make a buck off of at the front gate. But as a fan, that would be so awesome. Forget the promotion of 'pick your beer vender of the month' to draw fans, how about the month of July in which we wear throwbacks everyday: that will be a sweet way to get more fans to come back to the stadium every night. Throw in honoring players each night from the era in which the jersey was worn, that would be awesome. Now I just got excited to see a made-up event that will never happen...

Edited by The Baconator

I wouldnt mind them bringing back the sleeveless unis with the black undershirt either. I dont think anything needs to be changed here

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 11:19 AM)
I like the black ones. I'm glad they've slowly replaced the grey ones. Those were rather dreary.

The road greys havent been replaced. The Black unis will always be an alternate