Vs. Braves next weekend

mmmmmbeeer

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Mar 29, 2010 -> 08:49 AM)
Does anyone remember if the last games of the spring played in MLB parks are usually played by starters? I'm really wanting to take the kids to Turner Field next weekend but don't want to pay ML prices for ml baseball.

The starters usually play some, but the end of the game will be the scrubbiest scrubs who ever scrubbed. Especially in the last game.

Especially the pitchers. Usually the rule of thumb is you go full out in your 2nd to last start before the season, then you back off to 75-80 pitches in your last preparatory outing.

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 06:47 PM)
Make sure nobody eats a hot dog at Turner Field; I think they have the worst hog dogs I've ever had...

Man, I had one of their "Chicago Dogs" last season and, well, it was quite possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever had at a ballpark. They're giving Chicago a bad name with that bullsh*t.

QUOTE (DGSOXFan14 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 07:43 PM)
Maybe i'm the only one wondering this but, how in the hell does one earn a 5 inning save???

10.19 Saves For Relief Pitchers

A save is a statistic credited to a relief pitcher, as set forth in this Rule 10.19.

The official scorer shall credit a pitcher with a save when such pitcher meets all four of the following conditions:

(a) He is the finishing pitcher in a game won by his team;

(B) He is not the winning pitcher;

© He is credited with at least a third of an inning pitched; and

(d) He satisfies one of the following conditions:

(1) He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitches for at least one inning;

(2) He enters the game, regardless of the count, with the potential tying run either on base, or at bat or on deck (that is, the potential tying run is either already on base or is one of the first two batters he faces); or

(3) He pitches for at least three innings.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/offic...l_scorer_10.jsp

the last one

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 08:51 AM)

I think he means how does he get a FIVE inning save in a 9 inning game when only two pitchers picthed? Doesn't the starter have to throw at least 5 innings to qualify for the win? If so, that should have made Colon the pitcher of record I believe. Unless rules are different in ST...?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 07:55 AM)
I think he means how does he get a FIVE inning save in a 9 inning game when only two pitchers picthed? Doesn't the starter have to throw at least 5 innings to qualify for the win? If so, that should have made Colon the pitcher of record I believe. Unless rules are different in ST...?

I believe that in ST, the starter doesnt have to go 5 innings for the win. He can go 1 or 2 innings and if he leaves with the lead, they give him the W

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 10:19 PM)
Man, I had one of their "Chicago Dogs" last season and, well, it was quite possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever had at a ballpark. They're giving Chicago a bad name with that bullsh*t.

I know. I've tried them too, and they're nasty. I really don't know how they manage to screw up a hot dog that badly.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 10:44 AM)
Supposed to be perfect weather in Charlotte and Atlanta, Thursday-Saturday. If I was there, I'd be going.

It's gonna be fantastic weather for the games. Great timing for my brother to fly in to see the game with me!

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 07:55 AM)

Yea, thats exactly what I was wondering. I dont understand how one can get a 5 inning save when the SP must have at least 5 IP to qualify for the win. Odd...

I'm leaving New Orleans Friday night to go to the game on Saturday. It's my gf's first Sox game. It's gonna be fun because it's me, and her best friend, who's also from Chicago and her best friend's bf is from ATL. We're going to the home opener too vs. the Cubs, we're getting Braves t shirts and wearing our Sox hats.

I'm bringing her up for Cubs/Sox as well. I'm excited for this season.

QUOTE (drowninginflame @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
I'm leaving New Orleans Friday night to go to the game on Saturday. It's my gf's first Sox game. It's gonna be fun because it's me, and her best friend, who's also from Chicago and her best friend's bf is from ATL. We're going to the home opener too vs. the Cubs, we're getting Braves t shirts and wearing our Sox hats.

I'm bringing her up for Cubs/Sox as well. I'm excited for this season.

What were you there for? I was just there all of last week.

QUOTE (drowninginflame @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
We all live in New Orleans. I moved here two years ago.

Ahh, I saw that your avatar info says from Chicago so I just figured you were vacationing or something. Great city, I definitely want to spend a few years there at some point.

QUOTE (drowninginflame @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
Honestly, aside from Baseball, my friends and family and the food, I don't miss a thing about living in Chicago. I LOVE living here. I have a great career and a fantastic life.

Sounds like about 4 things you miss about Chicago. LOL, jokes aside, I'm heading down to NOLA for the first time Memorial Day weekend, really looking forward to it.