Chris Rongey guest on this weeks Pale and Hosed

RyanPaleAndHosed

The Ranger was kind enough to come on Pale and Hosed this week and talk Sox. He was more than gratious and talked with us longer than we could have hoped for. You can listen to episode 6 on iTunes, or check it out on the blog at www.paleandhosed.blogspot.com. The Interview can also be heard in it's 'uncut' entirety on iTunes or on the blog. Super friendly guy, and happy to sit down with a couple of nerds such as ourselves.

I listened to it and enjoyed it. Rongey is the voice of reason.

And driving home from work every night I enjoy listening to Les Grobstein (sp) another Score voice of reason. Question to Ranger: Why does Grobstein have a talk show til 1 a.m., then have to wait until 5 a.m. to continue for one final hour. Ouch. Makes no sense unless they are trying to force Les out with such weird hours. I wonder if he takes a nap for a couole hours. I know I would.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 10:30 PM)

He really does offer sound analysis with kind of a 'talk you off the ledge' attitude. He always reminds me of a parental type figure constantly telling people "stop. now think about it.'

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)
Very true. And you guys did a nice job as well. The exchange about booing Wise was funny.

Thanks! Ranger had a few choice words for me after we were 'off the air' about the Dwayne Wise thing... All i'll say is, foul language from Rongey just sounds unnatural.

I love you guys' Podcast. I download it to my iPhone while I'm at work and listen to it in my car while I'm out and about throughout the day

One thing I would've liked to hear Rongey's opinion on, is Rios and to an extent Peavy's lack of playing time this spring, and if it has anything to do with taking precaution with the two largest contracts on the team

To be fair about the foul language, didn't Ranger only say "ass." I didn't hear any real cuss words.

I didn't realize the Kotsay thing was a big deal anyplace but Soxtalk. Has it been on the talk shows? It seemed like him batting third was a true controversy.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 01:42 AM)
To be fair about the foul language, didn't Ranger only say "ass." I didn't hear any real cuss words.

I didn't realize the Kotsay thing was a big deal anyplace but Soxtalk. Has it been on the talk shows? It seemed like him batting third was a true controversy.

QUOTE (RyanPaleAndHosed @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 12:02 AM)
Thanks! Ranger had a few choice words for me after we were 'off the air' about the Dwayne Wise thing... All i'll say is, foul language from Rongey just sounds unnatural.

QUOTE (RyanPaleAndHosed @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 06:35 PM)
The Ranger was kind enough to come on Pale and Hosed this week and talk Sox. He was more than gratious and talked with us longer than we could have hoped for. You can listen to episode 6 on iTunes, or check it out on the blog at www.paleandhosed.blogspot.com. The Interview can also be heard in it's 'uncut' entirety on iTunes or on the blog. Super friendly guy, and happy to sit down with a couple of nerds such as ourselves.

When that podcast starts raking the big bucks, look at this thread http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=76700

:lolhitting

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 10:30 PM)

And driving home from work every night I enjoy listening to Les Grobstein (sp) another Score voice of reason. Question to Ranger: Why does Grobstein have a talk show til 1 a.m., then have to wait until 5 a.m. to continue for one final hour. Ouch. Makes no sense unless they are trying to force Les out with such weird hours. I wonder if he takes a nap for a couole hours. I know I would.

Their contract to air the replay of the Dan Patrick show probably has specific language regarding air times.

I'd assume whenever their obligation with the DP show ends, Les would get the overnight slot.

QUOTE (Real @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 12:18 AM)
I love you guys' Podcast. I download it to my iPhone while I'm at work and listen to it in my car while I'm out and about throughout the day

One thing I would've liked to hear Rongey's opinion on, is Rios and to an extent Peavy's lack of playing time this spring, and if it has anything to do with taking precaution with the two largest contracts on the team

Hey, thanks! We actually didn't get to ask him many of the questions we wanted to. He just kind of took a topic and ran with it. For 45 minutes.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 11:43 AM)
He made a comment on his facebok status about you as well.

Yeah I saw that. I asked him to do that, couldn't believe he did. He really got a kick out of the fact that we actually DO broadcast out of a basement. He thought that was the funniest thing... It's not as bad as our mom's basement, because Rich (partner) owns the house. So, at least we've got that going for us.

QUOTE (RyanPaleAndHosed @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 11:50 AM)
Yeah I saw that. I asked him to do that, couldn't believe he did. He really got a kick out of the fact that we actually DO broadcast out of a basement. He thought that was the funniest thing... It's not as bad as our mom's basement, because Rich (partner) owns the house. So, at least we've got that going for us.

Tell that to Joe Cowley, and you can probably get him to call you guys trekkies on twitter. :lolhitting

He just kind of took a topic and ran with it. For 45 minutes.

That's funny he cussed you out after the show about Wise. That was a great moment when you said things happen when you've had a few beers at the game.

QUOTE (RyanPaleAndHosed @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 06:49 PM)
Hey guys, for those of you that are fans of the show. Www.paleandhosed.com is up and running! Still needs a lot of work, pretty bare bones.

nice, bookmarked

keep up the good work, you guys have done a great job with all the episodes so far