"The Lost World Series celebration Tape"

IamPabloOzuna

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 07:46 PM)
I f***ing miss Man Soo Lee

Man Soo Lee was/is The Man........Soo.

He gave my daughter a signed baseball and hugged my wife. Yeah, that's right.

I wasn't about to stop him - he's f***in' MAN SOO LEE, for cryin' out loud!!

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
Man Soo Lee was/is The Man........Soo.

He gave my daughter a signed baseball and hugged my wife. Yeah, that's right.

I wasn't about to stop him - he's f***in' MAN SOO LEE, for cryin' out loud!!

Proud owner of a Man Soo Lee signed ball right here...he was a definitely a real treat.

Well I don't agree with him here..

Anyone today who says they knew exactly what they were doing at the time would be lying. Most of that experience five years later is a total blur.

No Chuck.. I knew EXACTLY what I was doing that historic night on October 26th. Now.. about 2-3 hours later after they won it and the celebrating, is a total blur.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 3, 2010 -> 12:03 AM)

No Chuck.. I knew EXACTLY what I was doing that historic night on October 26th. Now.. about 2-3 hours later after they won it and the celebrating, is a total blur.

I knew exactly where I was too. I was at Buffalo Wild Wings with my mom, dad, and aunt. They all looked at the TV off to the side which was 2 seconds faster than the big screen. Once I saw the ball bounce over the head of Jenks, I caught a glimpse on the other TV of Konerko running in with his hands up. My family turned around and stared at me to get my reaction to it. I was more happily in shock than anything else, but everyone in the place went crazy and people where pouring beers all over eachother. lol. Then when we drove home, there were fireworks being lit off in our neighboorhood. It was a cool scene.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 11:31 PM)
I knew exactly where I was too. I was at Buffalo Wild Wings with my mom, dad, and aunt. They all looked at the TV off to the side which was 2 seconds faster than the big screen. Once I saw the ball bounce over the head of Jenks, I caught a glimpse on the other TV of Konerko running in with his hands up. My family turned around and stared at me to get my reaction to it. I was more happily in shock than anything else, but everyone in the place went crazy and people where pouring beers all over eachother. lol. Then when we drove home, there were fireworks being lit off in our neighboorhood. It was a cool scene.

Nice.. ya I was at my house with my sister and a couple of friends of mine (one was a Cubs fan, but he likes the sox too.. or you can say.. a typical bandwagoner) We went crazy after Uribe's foul ball catch, then of course when the ball hit over the head of Jenks to him and his throw to first.. CRAZY I tell ya. We then went outside yelled in victory (so did my neighbors) and just doing stupid s***. We then went in a car and drove all around the eastside, southside and downtown. A ton of people were out just going crazy on the sidewalks and streets. We then of course proceeded to a bar and drank our asses off, went back to the car (though at that time it was a blur for me) and drank our asses off. :lol: Still shocked we didn't get into an accident (or pulled over) that night.

Edited by SoxAce

Good stuff. I could watch '05 World Series celebration videos all day long. Still puts a smile on my face.

As for where I was... My living room, standing in front of the couch next to my dad (we didn't sit down the last couple innings), and when that last out was made... We just started going crazy. It's a moment with my dad I'll always cherish.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 3, 2010 -> 12:03 AM)

I think he meant that as a network they had no idea what they were doing. They were winging it

I live in Colorado and had tickets for game #6 at The Cell... But I still remember how incredibly joyful it was winning the Series in 4... Wife, 3 kids all hugging and yelling and jumping... wish my dad could have been there. He'd grown up in Bridgeport, right by Nativity and lived his whole life without a Series championship. How 'bout another in 2010? Seems like 5 years is about right, not too greedy.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 3, 2010 -> 12:40 AM)
Nice.. ya I was at my house with my sister and a couple of friends of mine (one was a Cubs fan, but he likes the sox too.. or you can say.. a typical bandwagoner) We went crazy after Uribe's foul ball catch, then of course when the ball hit over the head of Jenks to him and his throw to first.. CRAZY I tell ya. We then went outside yelled in victory (so did my neighbors) and just doing stupid s***. We then went in a car and drove all around the eastside, southside and downtown. A ton of people were out just going crazy on the sidewalks and streets. We then of course proceeded to a bar and drank our asses off, went back to the car (though at that time it was a blur for me) and drank our asses off. :lol: Still shocked we didn't get into an accident (or pulled over) that night.

Haha, I was on Archer Ave with a broom waving it like an idiot.