TV Schedule for Out of Town Folks

elrockinMT

Wow and after looking at that national schedule that is so s***ty. 5 of the Sox games are on FOX which means they will be pre-empted in NY by either a Mets or Phillies game, the Texas game is a day game and i'll be at work, the Yankees game i'll actually be attending so there's basically only 1 game i'll be able to see on TV this year (plus the Yankee games on YES). Well that just about blows. Just further justification for my purchase of MLB.TV

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 11:45 AM)
Wow and after looking at that national schedule that is so s***ty. 5 of the Sox games are on FOX which means they will be pre-empted in NY by either a Mets or Phillies game, the Texas game is a day game and i'll be at work, the Yankees game i'll actually be attending so there's basically only 1 game i'll be able to see on TV this year (plus the Yankee games on YES). Well that just about blows. Just further justification for my purchase of MLB.TV

No WGN, really?

QUOTE (Stocking @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
any1 else having mlb.tv problems? hope its just an opening week thing.

I had problems getting the archived game to play Monday night which frustrated the hell out of me. Hopefully it's working better tonight. Before they switched to NexDef or whatever it is last season I never ever had a problem with mlb.tv. Last season was horribly laggy with broadcasts cutting in and out. And their service department aren't a help at all. They'll just blame you for doing something wrong rather than try and actually improve their service. I'm thinking about picking up a Roku player:

http://www.roku.com/mlb-partner

Basically just a box for your TV that does live streaming video; so you could use it for Netflix and some other things as well. A review I read said it worked much better than streaming games on even their high powered laptop.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 11:50 AM)
Comcast out here doesn't offer WGN either.

I live in Oregon too, and have DirecTV, no WGN for me either. Perhaps because I have the bargain basement package though. MLB Extra Innings for DirecTV is doing a free preview from April 5-11.

QUOTE (Cochise @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
I live in Oregon too, and have DirecTV, no WGN for me either. Perhaps because I have the bargain basement package though. MLB Extra Innings for DirecTV is doing a free preview from April 5-11.

I haven't watched WGN once since moving out here. Not sure what the West Coast aversion towards WGN is, but it's not like their non-sports programming is much of a selling point.

I'm watching the free Extra Innings preview on Comcast right now, and none of it is in HD. I can't imagine forking down $200 to watch games in regular def. What a freaking rip-off.