2010 Masters Thread

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 09:18 AM)
Today's going to be very interesting with Tiger only 4 back and tied for 3rd. It's not impossible to see him force a playoff.

Tiger doesn't have a history of coming back from big deficits on Sundays though. In most of his wins, he already had the lead on the final day. If Phil or Westwood can just have an average day, it could be hard for El Tigre to make it up.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 11:12 AM)

:lolhitting oops. I think I meant to say in majors. I always hear them say that he has never come back on Sunday, but I guess they are referring to majors, since there are none on that list. Obviously, he has come back in other tournaments many, many times.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 08:18 AM)
Today's going to be very interesting with Tiger only 4 back and tied for 3rd. It's not impossible to see him force a playoff.

I think I heard last night that 19 of the last 20 masters winners played in the final group on Sunday.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 05:03 PM)
My dad: "Hear those clicks?"

Me: "Huh?" *looking around the room*

Dad: "That's all the TVs being turned off"

Phil Mickelson, your 2010 Masters champion. Kind of a bummer of a final round. On the front 9 it seemed like it would come down to 18, but Lefty took control.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 11, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
Phil Mickelson, your 2010 Masters champion. Kind of a bummer of a final round. On the front 9 it seemed like it would come down to 18, but Lefty took control.

He hit some unreal shots. Kudos to him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 12:45 PM)
What does him being a creepy pervert have anything to do with rooting for him playing golf? I'm sure theres plenty of other athletes that you root for out there that are just as creepy if not worse than Tiger. They are just not stupid enough to get caught up in the media like him. Let him bang whoever and whatever he wants in his free time, I can still enjoy watching the best golfer in the world conquer Augusta.

The big difference is golf is an individual sport. In team sports, there are so many players on teams that you know some of them are bad people and thus just have to kind of deal with it. In individual sports, it's easier to just pick out assholes like Tiger and root against them since they play alone.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

• 4 weeks later...