I blame ozzie

soxfan420

Why did Ozzie leave pena in for so long with putz and jenks still in the pen?

why did ozzie not pull ramirez from the game after not giving any effort after the error?

Why did you empty your bench so early?

Why did you you take konerko for a pinch runner?

why pinch hit with kotsay in a one run game?

These are just some of the things that left me scratching my head during the game sorry for the rant... I'm glad i don't have to see the sox live very often, and to think I was going to subscribe to the MLB network, but I don't think I would have any hair left

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 09:08 PM)
How about: why can't anyone on our f***ing team hit? Thats who I blame

because Ozzie did not want a full time dh?

Because Ozzie has a hard on for fast guys that can't get on base?

Edited by soxfan420

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 12:12 AM)
It's not just the DH. Almost nobody is hitting.

I'd rather have our lineup last year at least they could get on base and make it exciting we can't even get out of the batters box to strand runners the majority of the time

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:16 PM)
The bullpen, a supposed strength, has been pretty bad the last three nights as well.

I don't think they were too bad tonight. I mean, it was Linebrink. We all know he's the trash reliever and the last guy to go to. Peña was forced to throw for too long.

The Sox front office got what it wanted. A terrific starting rotation.

The front office knew this team potentially couldn't hit, but they thought it could muster enough runs to win NL style games and games the Sox used to play and sometimes win in the Go Go Sox days about 50 years ago.

Good luck with that strategy, front office.

We better wake up soon. The Twins didn't do s*** tonight and we couldn't beat them at home. Sleepy effort by the White Sox again.

shouldnt we give them ATLEAST a week? we want to run everyone out of town and say how bad they are after 4 games. i know some of these guys arent great but they will most likely atleast be decent. we're 1-3 and it sucks but we should be ok. atleast we havent been blown out

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:22 PM)
shouldnt we give them ATLEAST a week? we want to run everyone out of town and say how bad they are after 4 games. i know some of these guys arent great but they will most likely atleast be decent. we're 1-3 and it sucks but we should be ok. atleast we havent been blown out

You know what you're going to get from a lot of these guys. And even then, it's a problem.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:20 PM)
The Sox front office got what it wanted. A terrific starting rotation.

The front office knew this team potentially couldn't hit, but Ozzie Guillen thought it could muster enough runs to win NL style games and games the Sox used to play and sometimes win in the Go Go Sox days about 50 years ago and the front office let him have it his way.

Good luck with that strategy, Ozzie.

We better wake up soon. The Twins didn't do s*** tonight and we couldn't beat them at home. Sleepy effort by the White Sox again.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:34 PM)
He pitched well. But the lead-off walk to Mauer was a killer. I just can't stand lead-off walks.

To be fair, it's Joe Mauer. Plus he had to deal with the ump calling balls on two possible strikes that would've ended the inning, and then Alexei being a terrible fielder.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:38 PM)
HE HAD A PART IN CREATING THAT OFFENSE.

He's responsible for Pierre and the lack of Jim Thome. That's saying ALOT.

Not to mention, today's lineup had Vizquel in it too...part of Ozzie's brilliant plan.