GAME THREAD: 4/10 Twinkies vs Sox - 12:05pm cdt CSN+, Baker vs Garcia

chisox2334

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Beast @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:22 PM)
I don't understand how the draft works; why do the Sox get the number pick that they do? Is it based off of record like the other major leagues?

Yes, it is entirely based on records...with the noteworthy exception of teams keeping their pick if they're unable to sign a draft pick in a previous year.

If the Sox get the worst record, they get the #1 pick. The Sox are almost always around .500 or better, so they typically draft in the teens or worse. The only time in the past 10 years they've drafted in the top 10, they got Becktackular.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
Oh please. You know just as much as I do that that division title was won by our starting rotation.

We have had an abysmal offense for years.

With that said, Kenny gets a ton of credit for the pitching staff. If only we could have pitching GM and an offense GM, because he'd be good at that.

We have had a bad offense recently.

AL ranks in runs/avg:

2009: 12/13

2008: 5/11

2007: 14/14

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
We have had a bad offense recently.

AL ranks in runs/avg:

2009: 12/13

2008: 5/11

2007: 14/14

And in 2006 we were near the top of the league. So 2 years in the upper half, 2 years in the bottom 1/3, for a team that spends a large fraction of its money on pitching.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 01:24 PM)
I understand the philosophy, but a single by Pierre would put Teahan potentially at 3rd where a sac fly scores him.

I guess the Sox just havent been coming through so im not a huge fan of giving away outs.

But you're going to get a base hit if lucky 3 out of 10 times. The successful bunt can happen (with Pierre) probably 9 out of 10 times. Gotta go with the odds to get the runner in scoring position.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)
So has this offense. But I'm entitled to my opinions and my opinion is that KW and Ozzie need to go.

Yeah because on our jobs we never make mistakes and we are always perfect and would have been fired!!! I love connecting Major leage baseball to my job. Its such a blue collar perspective that all can rally around!