4/12 GT: Sox @ Blue Jays, Peavy vs. Tallet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 02:43 AM)
We're just not very good. Ah well.

I was saving that line for after the game. Too many holes on this team, and the order just isn't very deep and/or strong. You look at other lineups in the AL, and we look like an NL team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
Like I said earlier, doing everything they can to lose. BTW, I hate Ozzie's lack of PR for the catcher. No excuse for AJP to be allowed to run there.

Um, what? AJ not being pinch ran for didn't make or break anything that inning because he was at 2nd base. And Downs didn't catch the grounder by Alexei so where was AJ supposed to go, as he was on 2nd base? He had to run to 3rd

Well, we've only lost 11/12 against the Blue Jays in Rogers and our last five in a row against TOR.

Of course, the one time our offense shows us, our starting pitching lets us down.

Just feels like another one of those "blah" years where we're 79-83 games over .500 and basically treading water.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
So we can bunt with Gordon Beckham, but Alexei gets the "swing away"...

There was already 1 out. Show me a time where Alexei bats with 0 outs, with the way our lineup has been hitting prior to this game.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 08:45 PM)
Do you guys think that if Alexei played a season in AAA he would would at least have an idea about hitting the breaking pitch?

nope...in fact, i think teams would have figured out he couldn't hit a breaking ball and would chase outside the zone based on scouting reports from AAA, and he likely wouldn't have had the success he did as a rookie

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 02:45 AM)
Do you guys think that if Alexei played a season in AAA he would would at least have an idea about hitting the breaking pitch?

It's not about the break pitch. It's about him flying out on every swing. He couldn't hit a ball hard to the opposite field to save Mildred's life right now.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:43 PM)
He can take his annual slow start and sit down for 2 goddamn months.

And you're going to play Nix there? Vizquel?

Move Beckham around for the 3rd time in two seasons?

Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, that's all we are doing.

For what it's worth, Ramirez actually adjusted fairly well to breaking pitches in the 2nd half of 2009. For most of 2008, he was our best hitter in terms of making adjustments from pitch to pitch, and AB to AB. Arguably, he has the best bat speed on the team when he's on.

Edited by caulfield12

Ozzie Guillen has really not done anything right this whole year. He wanted this team that he has to manage and he is being exposed. Peavy never had it tonight and should not have gone out there in the 6th.

Oh and I think this team needs to take spring training a little more seriously as I do not think they are ready to play.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 08:36 PM)
Guys (and Melissa) think about this... What if (and I'm not saying it will happen) the Sox are completely out of it by All Star break, but Jones continues to mash. I bet a team looking for a right handed stick would overpay...

thank you :) lol we cant be out of it, if the sox dont win 83 games, i lose 650 dollars :crying

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 08:47 PM)
Ozzie Guillen has really not done anything right this whole year. He wanted this team that he has to manage and he is being exposed. Peavy never had it tonight and should not have gone out there in the 6th.

Oh and I think this team needs to take spring training a little more seriously as I do not think they are ready to play.

couldnt agree with you more

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 01:47 AM)

What I don't get is he wanted versatility, etc., but he's done nothing but play everything by the book. Sadly, the only time he tried anything special was with Vizquel.

I guess the whole organization (milb teams) had a poor start to this year hitting wise, as I started to thing maybe it's something that has to do with spring training.

Just a thought.

Ozzie Guillen has really not done anything right this whole year. He wanted this team that he has to manage and he is being exposed.

Because he helped create a pitching heavy ballclub that can't hit, right?

Ohhh.... wait a minute....

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 01:48 AM)
The frustrating thing is that there have been some positives this season. They just look like they're finding ways to lose.

Santos is far and away the biggest positive, and Andruw Jones would be #2