4/13 GT: Sox @ Blue Jays, Floyd v. Romero

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 09:15 PM)
Wise had no business being booed. It wasn't his idea to lead off, but Ozzie mentioned Vizquel leading off when he was signed, and I think most of us thought he was just talking. Evidently not. You can't blame him for the team having one hit in 8 innings, but a almost automatic out leading off is another of Ozzie's very questionable decisions that if you disagree with you should go watch the Cubs.

I remember this being argued about, people saying these decisions weren't going to matter... yeah...

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 02:17 AM)
I remember this being argued about, people saying these decisions weren't going to matter... yeah...

Were those the same conversations where we were told to not even argue, as they were just bluffing about the DH by committee.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
Were those the same conversations where we were told to not even argue, as they were just bluffing about the DH by committee.

Yes, those comments, and the ones about where Kotsay would be hitting, etc.

Ozzie would never doing anything stupid like batting Vizquel leadoff, that's just Ozzie talking...

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
and to think i thought it wasnt a good idea to trade hudson, flowers, viciedo, danks2, someone else, for agone. shoot, trade the whole minor leagues for all i care lol

Let's throw Nix in for the hell of it too. He doesn't have much use in Ozzie's clubhouse.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 01:22 AM)
and to think i thought it wasnt a good idea to trade hudson, flowers, viciedo, danks2, someone else, for agone. shoot, trade the whole minor leagues for all i care lol

Getting Gonzalez would make AJP and Ramirez remember how to hit?

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 07:22 PM)

We need more than just AGon. we have 4 pretty awful hitters.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 08:25 PM)
Getting Gonzalez would make AJP and Ramirez remember how to hit?

We had some clunkers in the lineup in '05. You can be fine with a strong core group and the rest of the weak-statted guys at the very least coming up big in a handful of spots throughout the year.

Edited by Princess Dye