Seriously Ozzie?

Chisoxfn

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, yeah, he probably should have toned that down a little bit, but I don't see it as that big of a deal. His overall point of course will be lost but he is absolutely right. And of course since this is Ozzie the media will probably make a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 07:56 AM)
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...os-heckler.html

I realize he is defending Rios, but dude, this doesn't look good, not at all.

Bring in people solely based on L-R match ups from the pen, make ridiculous lineups, and say whatever the hell you want to the press, keep your friends around as coaches on your staff as long as you want. What a managing life.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 07:56 AM)
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...os-heckler.html

I realize he is defending Rios, but dude, this doesn't look good, not at all.

So this is the clip where Rios got heckled for refusing to give a young child an autograph? And then started dropping f-bombs right over the kid's head when he got heckled? Is Ozzie familiar with the term "pick your battles"? Is this really the best one to wade into?

I think Ozzie is a decent manager and I appreciate what he's done for the club. But the man conducts himself like an eighth-grader with a behavioral problem. He's becoming increasingly embarrassing and difficult to defend.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 06:03 AM)
Honestly, yeah, he probably should have toned that down a little bit, but I don't see it as that big of a deal. His overall point of course will be lost but he is absolutely right. And of course since this is Ozzie the media will probably make a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be.

We have a manager encouraging people to beat up fans if they talk smack in public. Now lets say Jenks or Konerko or Quentin or whomever gets drunk and a fan rassles them for a bad time and they punch them in the face. Oh well, my manager said it was ok.

Clearly it isn't ok and he should keep him mouth shut. You should not condone violence. It would be one thing if Rios was physically threatened but he was not physically threatened, not at all.

And I'm not saying what those fans did was ok, but don't condone violence Ozzie. And maybe I'm a little harsh on this, but I think this is one of the worse things Ozzie has ever said publicly. A guy many kids look up to is encouraging violence.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 08:36 AM)
We have a manager encouraging people to beat up fans if they talk smack in public. Now lets say Jenks or Konerko or Quentin or whomever gets drunk and a fan rassles them for a bad time and they punch them in the face. Oh well, my manager said it was ok.

Clearly it isn't ok and he should keep him mouth shut. You should not condone violence. It would be one thing if Rios was physically threatened but he was not physically threatened, not at all.

And I'm not saying what those fans did was ok, but don't condone violence Ozzie. And maybe I'm a little harsh on this, but I think this is one of the worse things Ozzie has ever said publicly. A guy many kids look up to is encouraging violence.

Ozzie voices his contempt for fans more often than almost any sports figure I've seen. His running theme for the last few years has been "fans don't know anything," "fans should keep their mouths shut," "fans can't do what I do," and now "fans are liable to get punched if they dare approach me in a less respectful manner than I deserve." It amazes me how many fans not only put up with these insults, but eat them up.

QUOTE (SteveB23 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 08:54 AM)
Yeah, who cares what Ozzie says to the media? It doesn't matter.

What matters is how the team performs, not what Ozzie says about a youtube video.

Then ignore this thread and go sit in your baseball cave. Lots of people care what he says.

QUOTE (SteveB23 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 06:50 AM)
Who cares?

The team is playing like crap, not hitting, striking out WAAAAY too much.

That's what matters.

You know, call me old fashion, but the conduct of the players of the team I root for and everyone associated with it is important. If Ozzie was the CEO of a fortune 500 company, his ass would get canned or in serious trouble for this statement.

He continues to make statement after statement and really at this point his comments have gone too far and he makes this organization look bad. I actually like Ozzie as a manager, but the stupid comments he says/does are getting out of control.

Then ignore this thread and go sit in your baseball cave. Lots of people care what he says.

Don't be so sensitive...all I'm saying is that in "White Sox Nation", team performance should be what matters most. I could care less what Ozzie says to the f**king media. They love to goad him into saying stupid things, then jump on him when he does.

Whether you want to believe it or not, Ozzie is a great manager. IMO the Sox probably don't win the 2005 WS without him.

QUOTE (35thstreetswarm @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:44 AM)
Ozzie voices his contempt for fans more often than almost any sports figure I've seen. His running theme for the last few years has been "fans don't know anything," "fans should keep their mouths shut," "fans can't do what I do," and now "fans are liable to get punched if they dare approach me in a less respectful manner than I deserve." It amazes me how many fans not only put up with these insults, but eat them up.

and yet all those fans that he bashes pays his paycheck at the end of the day :lolhitting

QUOTE (SteveB23 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:05 AM)
Don't be so sensitive...all I'm saying is that in "White Sox Nation", team performance should be what matters most. I could care less what Ozzie says to the f**king media. They love to goad him into saying stupid things, then jump on him when he does.

Whether you want to believe it or not, Ozzie is a great manager. IMO the Sox probably don't win the 2005 WS without him.

Great manager, no. He has his moments, and he did a good job in 2005. I'm less convinced of his managerial abilities this year. I will say that he's a better choice than quite a few of the other managers out there, but he's not one of the best.

QUOTE (SteveB23 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 10:10 AM)
IMO, most of what Ozzie says/does is to take the pressure/focus off of his players. This is a good thing. :notworthy

i dont think bashing the fans helps anything with taking the focus/pressure off of his players

and nothing in that article takes pressure off the players....it's just ozzie running his gums again

Edited by beckham15

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 09:14 AM)
It would seem like it, but this works. I'll bet if you listen to talk radio, very little is said about the hitting last night, and they spend a ton of time on Ozzie's statments.

So because fans calling up to the Score are talking about Ozzie being a jackass you think our offense feels at ease with little pressure on them?