HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 03:54 AM)
Jonathan Toews: 2nd youngest captain to hoist the Stanley Cup (Crosby)

2nd youngest player to win the Conn Smythe Trophy (Roy)

The youngest member of the Triple Gold Club (passed Forsberg)

Antti Niemi: 1st Finnish goaltender to win the Stanley Cup.

Unbelievable.

Anyway to find out if Kane is the youngest to score the series winning goal?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 02:11 AM)
clark was awesome, i think even the fattest hawks fan had a chance to bring home a classy lady from the bar on a night like this :britishflag:

Nope, I was home with my wife.

:lolhitting

I had doubts, I almost gave up, I kept seeing 1971 in my head over and over, fearing it would happen again.

THANK YOU, 2010 HAWKS, for erasing 1971 forever.

Erasing 1992, as well, for that matter.

Totally fitting that the winning goal made me wait and wonder.

Oh, I almost forgot:

:headbang :notworthy :headbang :notworthy :headbang :notworthy :headbang :notworthy

Being originally from Pittsburgh, I'm still a fan of the Steelers and Penguins, but the Bears and Blackhawks are my adopted home teams now. Since 2005, I've seen the Sox win the WS, the Steelers win the Superbowl (twice), the Penguins win the Cup, and now the Hawks win the Cup. What else could I ask for? Just the Bears now.

Way to go Hawks!

This is so true:

Wirtz was asked how he thought his late father would've reacted to Wednesday night's dramatic win.

''He would be very, very proud,'' he said. ''But he might have said, 'Why didn't you do it in Game 7 at home?' He probably would've said that.''

Sun-Times

Two summers ago I got a random e-mail from my buddy, saying "Are you ready for some hockey??". It was a season ticket confirmation for the Hawks. Quite a journey it has been since then, re-establishing what was lost earlier in the decade and it all culminates in last night. Thank you Blackhawks, that was f***ing awesome.

Best moment of last night: Hossa finally hoisting the Cup. There you go you sneaky bastard, keep switching to the Cup favorite, now you are on the best team in the best city, Congrats.

We Got The Cup!!!!!

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 07:16 AM)
Two summers ago I got a random e-mail from my buddy, saying "Are you ready for some hockey??". It was a season ticket confirmation for the Hawks. Quite a journey it has been since then, re-establishing what was lost earlier in the decade and it all culminates in last night. Thank you Blackhawks, that was f***ing awesome.

Best moment of last night: Hossa finally hoisting the Cup. There you go you sneaky bastard, keep switching to the Cup favorite, now you are on the best team in the best city, Congrats.

We Got The Cup!!!!!

Hossa did go all-in with the Hawks, though - a 12-year contract, front-loaded (making him hard to trade). He picked the right horse at last!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 08:25 AM)
I still like how there's about 5 seconds where Kane knew he'd won the Stanley Cup and no one else in the world did.

I thought it had been a save, so I looked down to quick read something. I looked up, my dad was running around the room yelling "did they score?", I saw the bench clear. I assumed it was some sort of a brawl or something because why would they storm the ice after a save? Then it all made sense.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 08:28 AM)
I thought it had been a save, so I looked down to quick read something. I looked up, my dad was running around the room yelling "did they score?", I saw the bench clear. I assumed it was some sort of a brawl or something because why would they storm the ice after a save? Then it all made sense.

To me, Kane was the dead giveaway. He was so certain immediately that I knew it had to be a goal.

That was the s***.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 08:34 AM)
To me, Kane was the dead giveaway. He was so certain immediately that I knew it had to be a goal.

That was the s***.

yeah....sharpies reaction was immediate too...watching real time in a bar it was hard to see, i actually thoguht at first the hawks drew a penalty....from the angle NBC showed it real time it was impossible to see the puck get through Leighton to the net....It wasn't really til i saw Kane throw the gloves that I realized it was in

yeah, Kane curled around the back of the net and back towards the benches and started pumping his arms, and I thought to myself "why are the flyers standing still? what is Kane doing? He looks like he scored, but the crowd, announcers, and even the production wasnt acting like he scored? So what the hell is going on?"

What a crazy moment, very unforgettable

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 09:05 AM)
yeah, Kane curled around the back of the net and back towards the benches and started pumping his arms, and I thought to myself "why are the flyers standing still? what is Kane doing? He looks like he scored, but the crowd, announcers, and even the production wasnt acting like he scored? So what the hell is going on?"

What a crazy moment, very unforgettable

I thought it was an unforgetful moment too buddy. ;)