4/17 GT: Sox @ Indians, Peavy v. Westbrook

Disco72

The Sox got to Westbrook in the Opener, now it's time to regain that form! For all those struggling Sox hitters, just call me slump buster!

Oh...and hopefully Ozzie makes those lineup changes he talked about last night.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
The Sox got to Westbrook in the Opener, now it's time to regain that form! For all those struggling Sox hitters, just call me slump buster!

Oh...and hopefully Ozzie makes those lineup changes he talked about last night.

I missed it, what did Ozzie say about the lineup?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 12:18 PM)
That the whole line-up was inconsistent...that Jones would be starting instead of Kotsay....maybe moving up Teahen and/or AJ in the line-up.

Really wacky idea: how about trying Teahen at the leadoff spot? In the early going he's shown a willingness to take a walk and, though a .400+ OBP probably isn't sustainable, it sure looks nice for now. Move everyone down a slot- putting Pierre into the 2-hole where he can bunt to his heart's delight and Beckham to 3 where he can actually swing.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 01:14 PM)
Peavy + Roy Oswalt are best friends (just said on cubs broadcast) maybe we should trade for oswalt

I believe Oswalt was one of the contingency plans after Peavy rejected the first trade last year. Oswalt didn't express any interest in coming here. Frankly, if we went after Berkman and the Astros demanded we toss in a couple more players and assume Oswalt and his salary... i'd be game.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 12:14 PM)
I believe Oswalt was one of the contingency plans after Peavy rejected the first trade last year. Oswalt didn't express any interest in coming here. Frankly, if we went after Berkman and the Astros demanded we toss in a couple more players and assume Oswalt and his salary... i'd be game.

I'd love to see it, but adding $12 million to $20 million (Oswalt/Berkman)...depending on when they're acquired...that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

It would be super ballsy, but with all the whining KW does, do you see it happening realistically?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
Some huge changes made to the lineup. Ozzie's really shaking things up.

Pierre, Beckham, Quentin, Konerko, Jones, AJP, Rios, Teahen, Ramirez

haha there is only so much you can do to the lineup......oh well i suppose

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 11:23 AM)
Battle of the Jakes.

BTW. Garcia is skipped with the coming up day off.

It will be Days, Buehrle and Peavy against the Rays.

According to the announcers, this is the first time two Jakes have started against each other in ML history. Wow.