*4/20* GT: Rays vs. White Sox. 7:10 PM Central Time, CSN+, WSCR 670

SoxAce

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 02:35 PM)
Going into the final game of the Toronto series he was sporting a .281/.439/.563/1.002 line. You don't move him down in the order because of 3 bad games.

.111 in his last 7 games, 3/27

I just think Rios is swinging the best bat. He's also hit Price pretty well.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 04:51 PM)
.111 in his last 7 games, 3/27

I just think Rios is swinging the best bat. He's also hit Price pretty well.

That doesn't change the fact that he's your most talented and important offensive player and 3 starts back his overall numbers were still very good and he was coming off a 6 RBI game. You can take chunks of games and make someone look horrible, it's not hard. Konerko's hitting .130 over his last 6, why are we leaving him in the 4 hole?

Rios has a .316 OBP and .649 OPS over his last 5, doesn't sound like a 3 hole hitter to me.

Personally, I want Teahen hitting 3rd as he's sporting a .438/.550/.750/1.300 line over his last 6 games.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 06:00 PM)
Personally, I want Teahen hitting 3rd as he's sporting a .438/.550/.750/1.300 line over his last 6 games.

I think Teahen is crafting himself into an ideal two hole hitter. I don't think Ozzie will put him there, but i can't complain about the production we're getting out of him.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
That doesn't change the fact that he's your most talented and important offensive player and 3 starts back his overall numbers were still very good and he was coming off a 6 RBI game. You can take chunks of games and make someone look horrible, it's not hard. Konerko's hitting .130 over his last 6, why are we leaving him in the 4 hole?

Rios has a .316 OBP and .649 OPS over his last 5, doesn't sound like a 3 hole hitter to me.

for an offense that's floundering what difference does it make to move him down, take some pressure off and hope that he straightens it out?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 05:14 PM)
for an offense that's floundering what difference does it make to move him down, take some pressure off and hope that he straightens it out?

Because there's no reason to believe he's cracking under the pressure of the 3 hole considering he just had his best game of the year just 4 starts back. Do we just rotate players in and out of the top of the lineup from week to week? Pierre, Beckham, Quentin and Konerko are all struggling right now, should we go with a whole new top 4 for a while?

QUOTE (Mauer_MVP @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
Great start to the season!! Go Rays!!

Yes, and check back with us when you've beaten a team other than the A's in the playoffs.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...1987/1991, we get it, but you wouldn't have won those without the random luck of playing in the WS in odd numbered years, entitling you guys to the biggest homefield advantage in baseball.

But that luck can go both ways, haha, see Game 163 in 2008. KG JR, THOME AND DANKS. Scoreboard.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)
Uh-oh, i just heard a clip of him talking about this and he said, "maybe one change... Vizquel in the lineup." Kill me.

Wow! Not good, especially since Alexei was probably our best hitter during the Cleveland series.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
uh,... is anyone able to watch this on tv?

It says it' supposed to be on CSN+ for me, which supposed to be channel 53 (regular CSN is 37) but nothing's on 53, just a blue screen.

Is CSN+ a HD channel or something? :(

i have it on the mlb package

i had the pleasure of watching about half of price's college starts first hand...his delivery seems alot more under control nowadays...

when he gets locked in his stuff is unreal....and just a fantastic competitor

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 07:18 PM)
uh,... is anyone able to watch this on tv?

It says it' supposed to be on CSN+ for me, which supposed to be channel 53 (regular CSN is 37) but nothing's on 53, just a blue screen.

Is CSN+ a HD channel or something? :(

Same thing at home for me. It's just a blue screen. Comcast decided to cut that channel for no reason.