How many times have you been banned at WSI?

kitekrazy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 23, 2010 -> 05:59 PM)
Whatever, asshole.

:lol:

I have to invent an emoticon that can even describe the amount of anger and hurt I would like to express towards NSS right now.

:gosox1:

So apparently copy/pasting text from one website to another = stealing.

If anything I figured it was copyright infringement. But since I gave credit to the website and author, I didn't think it was a problem. Obviously it's enough for a permenant ban.

Calling the webmaster's wife a "c***" is over-looked though.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 10:01 AM)
So apparently copy/pasting text from one website to another = stealing.

If anything I figured it was copyright infringement. But since I gave credit to the website and author, I didn't think it was a problem. Obviously it's enough for a permenant ban.

At least for news articles, it depends on how much of the text you post. Posting a whole article is a no-no, but posting a couple of paragraphs and a link is ok.

There's another non-sports board I'm on where moderators are elected by vote and can be recalled for abusing powers and breaking rules. It seems to work much better than situations like WSI and other message boards where mods get on huge power-trips. No complaints about the moderation here, though.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 12:32 PM)
At least for news articles, it depends on how much of the text you post. Posting a whole article is a no-no, but posting a couple of paragraphs and a link is ok.

There's another non-sports board I'm on where moderators are elected by vote and can be recalled for abusing powers and breaking rules. It seems to work much better than situations like WSI and other message boards where mods get on huge power-trips. No complaints about the moderation here, though.

you should stop sending your "anonymous" complaint emails to the admin email then. We know its you. strngsox111@yahoo.com, strayndgesox@hotmail.com, strsox231@gmail

stop trying to hide it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
you should stop sending your "anonymous" complaint emails to the admin email then. We know its you. strngsox111@yahoo.com, strayndgesox@hotmail.com, strsox231@gmail

stop trying to hide it

Actually...one of those was me...

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 01:27 PM)

stop trying to hide it

damnit, I thought I was being clever enough to fool this staff!

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 12:32 PM)

liar.

:lol:

Just out of curiosity...did any of those angry bitter old codgers on that site who came up with cockamamy theories and "Law's" about why the White Sox would never ever ever win a World Series eat some crow after 2005?

Cause they all should have been called the F out....

Because I'm older (64) than quite a few over at WSI some have made fun of my age especially last week when I stated that I did not like tiered pricing for games. I don't understand why someone cannot accept someones different point of view without resorting to nastiness. Today someone called me a vulgar name and in my 4 years over there I have never called anyone something offensive.

I think I will soon be a former member of WSI.

Edited by Little Nell

QUOTE (Little Nell @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 12:50 PM)
Because I'm older (64) than quite a few over at WSI some have made fun of my age especially last week when I stated that I did not like tiered pricing for games. I don't understand why someone cannot accept someones different point of view without resorting to nastiness. Today someone called me a vulgar name and in my 4 years over there I have never called anyone something ofensive.

Well welcome to Soxtalk!

QUOTE (Little Nell @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 12:50 PM)
Because I'm older (64) than quite a few over at WSI some have made fun of my age especially last week when I stated that I did not like tiered pricing for games. I don't understand why someone cannot accept someones different point of view without resorting to nastiness. Today someone called me a vulgar name and in my 4 years over there I have never called anyone something offensive.

I remember you. You were one of the people that actually used common sense. They ripped you apart for that tiered pricing thread.

If I saw a WSI mod on the street, I would most definitely jack them in the face.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 01:23 PM)
I remember you. You were one of the people that actually used common sense. They ripped you apart for that tiered pricing thread.

If I saw a WSI mod on the street, I would most definitely jack them in the face.

Thank you, I appreciate you agreeing with me.

QUOTE (Little Nell @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 10:50 AM)

Welcome to Soxtalk! Finally someone older than me...yay!!!

I was a regular but quit WSI in the summer of 2005. I don't even lurk over there. The Mods are full of it.

:gosoxretro: