How many times have you been banned at WSI?

kitekrazy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
I used to post there before I found this place. What really bugged me is that if you were negative about the team in any way, you were a "dark cloud." Once I found Soxtalk I didn't post there as much, and now I don't even check it. Haven't been there in 2-3 years.

lol, I said once in 2007 that we had a farm system in the bottom third of MLB and I got ripped on for saying it. That was before it was conventional wisdom that guys like Lance Broadway and Danny Richar weren't real prospects, although it should've been, but some people wouldn't take the homer glasses off.

Also I said that Josh Fields was a butcher in a particular game against the Orioles that I was at, that he botched a routine play I could've made, and I got banned for a phantom language filter violation.

I havent posted recently but have in the past and had no trouble with being banned, Ive heard horror stories on here about it in the past though. Usually even if they have strict guidelines Id imagine they wouldnt just ban people for the sake of banning. Be interesting to hear the moderator who banned you all point of view on the subject.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 07:56 AM)
I havent posted recently but have in the past and had no trouble with being banned, Ive heard horror stories on here about it in the past though. Usually even if they have strict guidelines Id imagine they wouldnt just ban people for the sake of banning. Be interesting to hear the moderator who banned you all point of view on the subject.

I came to the conclusion that they genuinely don't care what anyone thinks, and when they say "if you don't like it you can leave" they really mean it. It's not like they have trouble getting traffic. So I left. No hard feelings.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 08:10 PM)
I feel like I need to post there and get banned just to join the club, haha.

You should do that and be normal and see how long it takes....just for the fun of it.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 04:50 PM)
I came to the conclusion that they genuinely don't care what anyone thinks, and when they say "if you don't like it you can leave" they really mean it. It's not like they have trouble getting traffic. So I left. No hard feelings.

I think because they get a lot of traffic that's why they are very touchy. I've lost interest there. I have to second guess everything I post to keep from getting banned. They expect political correctness. That is one religion I can't observe.

QUOTE (Be Good @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 07:24 PM)
Once and still an active ban, I think.

Banned a week before joining Soxtalk. Thank god I was because I would've never found Soxtalk :headbang

I think someone from there actually recommend this site to me.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)
Since we're on that topic.... Nuke Cleveland?? Anyone ever hear from him? Did he get banned? Leave on his own?

It was the latter. He did receive a suspension but has not chosen to come back since.