How many times have you been banned at WSI?

kitekrazy

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 05:54 PM)
I get along with them much better now, but I was banned for saying once that I supported the use of steroids and believed it made the game better. That is still my opinion, btw.

Yeah, you took a little flaming for that, but here the thought of banning you for saying that wouldn't even come up.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the WSI'ers stole one of my jokes tonight. It was a play on the "why dye no have job?" twitter thing, that one of them plucked out of today's gamethread and posted in one of their post-game threads. It was a bit too much to be a coincidence. I'm honored. Soxtalk always does have the best material.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)
One of the WSI'ers stole one of my jokes tonight. It was a play on the "why dye no have job?" twitter thing, that one of them plucked out of today's gamethread and posted in one of their post-game threads. It was a bit too much to be a coincidence. I'm honored. Soxtalk always does have the best material.

What are you talking about?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now permanently banned. I seen this after logging in. I called a couple of mods asswipes in a thread. It took them awhile to come to that decision I guess. That place has been a steady decline since last season.

You have been banned for the following reason:

Now you're happy - don't have to deal with us Mods anymore

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

:headbang

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 12:02 AM)
No, I saw your joke. I don't know what you're talking about with Dye, though.

when Ozzie first started up his twitter account, one of his many musings was "Why Dye have no job?", and it was pointed out that he tweets the same way he talks, which is pretty funny

QUOTE (whitem0nkey @ May 10, 2010 -> 10:48 PM)
My fantasy football forum is my main forum, but for baseball im done with WSI, I was never banned, but i felt so censored while making post. I would get so mad at the lack of respect from the moderators.

It's gotten real whiney over there and no sense of humor.

• 3 months later...
QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 01:44 PM)
Bumping an old thread but I guess I'll be more of a regular member over here. Apparently they don't like people posting on more than one White Sox message board over there.

They got on you for posting on SoxTalk? That's odd, some of the Mods and Admins here are members over there too. I post over there occasionally.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
They got on you for posting on SoxTalk? That's odd, some of the Mods and Admins here are members over there too. I post over there occasionally.

No, there's another board that they don't want any of their members to know about.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
Well please do tell us what it is! Because now I'm curious.

Google "White Sox message board" and you'll find it a few pages in.

It doesn't have many members but I know of at least one other person here that is a member.

Edited by Iwritecode

I got banned there for being really pissed off about that game that Jon Garland started in 2006 during the first week of the season which they blew a 6 or 7 run lead. I was so angry that I said that for the rest of the season I'd expect them to lose but be pleasantly surprised if they win. I got banned for both a language filter violation(personally I think that language filters are stupid because anyone with half a brain can know which swear word you are using by the context of the post, except when you say "I don't give a (blank)") and they told me to go be a cub fan. I should have quit posting there, but I went back. When I feel pissed and negative I post here, because I won't get flamed for it. When things are going well, I post both places. I also think that the general baseball knowledge is better among the posters here, because: a) people actually accept sabermetrics as useful statistics, rather than useless trash. and B) people have a better knowledge about what is realistically attainable in a trade while the farm system is s***ty. I don't know how many times in July I read trade proposals over there centering around the movement of Tyler Flowers and Jordan Danks, who are close to being non-prospects if they aren't non- prospects already.

Does their Minor League section still have a picture of Kris Honel? Haha

I've always thought WSI represented the past (lots of stuffy old dudes running that place), and SoxTalk concentrated on the future...(and was started by younger folks)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)
They don't allow free ones anymore.

That's absurd. Are they basically saying they don't want new members anymore? That's a large chunk of their potential audience they're getting rid of.

I logged in just to see if I was banned and apparently I hadn't logged in since 2004. Wish I would have left it that way. I had enough of the strict rules over there. This place is great.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 11:50 PM)
That's absurd. Are they basically saying they don't want new members anymore? That's a large chunk of their potential audience they're getting rid of.

I logged in just to see if I was banned and apparently I hadn't logged in since 2004. Wish I would have left it that way. I had enough of the strict rules over there. This place is great.

They feel that "real" emails weed out the trolls.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 11:50 PM)

You are not allowed to use the word absurd towards a fellow admin here. That is out of line.