4/22 GT: Rays vs. White Sox. 7:10 PM Central Time, CSN+2, WSCR 670

SoxAce

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 03:07 AM)
Yah I guess that's true. Man this sucks.

How much does Miguel Cabrera make? Now there is a guy that is earning his salary.

And seemingly the one guy that Ozzie/KW loves we couldn't get.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My god.. thank god I didn't even watch this game too much (thank you Bulls and Blackhawks.. and even the NFL draft.. ugh.. Tebow) I'll probably make about 4 more threads, but I';ll make sure I know Ozzie's lineup first hand. :D Jake pitched like he was sippin that jager tonight.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
That's what's getting on my nerves about some people. They keep looking at who we didn't sign. What does Damon, Thome, Pods or whatever other name you want to throw out there have to do with the fact that guys like Peavy, Beckham, CQ (who's been awful), AJ, ect have not performed?

It doesn't help at all yes, but you would have to imagine we would be scoring more runs per game (and OBP) than we are now with people who we didn't want (Pierre, Kotsay, etc..) I wanted N. Johnson (.382 OBP), Damon (.419 OBP), Gardner (.413 OBP) and buy low guys like Hermida (.854 OPS) Kearns (.850 OPS) etc.. and look where they are at. I HATE Pods as much as I hate Pierre, so I'm not even gonna mention his great start in this but there were guys people (including myself) were clamoring for before this season started cause we knew the lack of OBP and KW and Ozzie were depending on guys to have career years all in one season (I.E. 2005).

Edited by SoxAce

Once again, two lousy games after a nice Game One victory.

I kind of disagree with those who think Jake automatically "will be fine." Unless he's known as a slow starter.

I watched the first few innings. Am I missing something you guys saw? I didn't think he had good velocity and definitely wasn't attacking anybody.

Sox get six hits ... if this is Ozzie ball it should be nicknamed blah-zie ball.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 10:20 PM)
It doesn't help at all yes, but you would have to imagine we would be scoring more runs per game (and OBP) than we are now with people who we didn't want (Pierre, Kotsay, etc..) I wanted N. Johnson (.382 OBP), Damon (.419 OBP), Gardner (.413 OBP) and buy low guys like Hermida (.854 OPS) Kearns (.850 OPS) etc.. and look where they are at. I HATE Pods as much as I hate Pierre, so I'm not even gonna mention his great start in this but there were guys people (including myself) were clamoring for before this season started cause we knew the lack of OBP and KW and Ozzie were depending on guys to have career years all in one season (I.E. 2005).

Nick Johnson is the most injury prone player in baseball. Johnny Damon's OBP is nice. But who's driving him in? Beckham? CQ? Konerko? Damon certainly isn't driving himself in. As his 0 HRs and .333 SLG% has shown. Gardner? I wouldn't have minded him. Again, Gardner's OBP means squat when our top guys aren't producing. Hermida and Kearns certainly don't get me excited. Outside of adding somebody like Pujols, Utley or Longoria, there's nobody out there that could've been added that would be able to compensate for guys like Peavy, Beckham, CQ, Ramirez and AJ all sucking ass so far.